Saturday, March 31, 2007

Mocha Chocolata-yah-yah!


In my last blog, I simply lied about not having projects. Here is some yummy chocolaty yarn I bought to knit my hubby K some wool socks. (Yarn from my big splurge at Knit Wits).

Since he started out life in a small town in
Iceland and grew up with hand-knit socks, I'll be put to the test. However, those little old Icelandic ladies didn't have self-striping sock yarn! Mwoohoohoo, HA HA HAhhh!
I've pulled the sock out 3 times already trying to get the gauge correct. Grrrrrr. I've discovered that I knit very tight on #3 needles and very loose on #2 needles. I started an anxiety attack over this little mystery but have since recovered, resigned and I'm just ignoring this little problem. (maybe it's wool vs. cotton . . . hmmmmmm).

Anyway, it's Meilenweit Bosco, color 3514. It looks like a Godiva chocolate-raspberry candy-bar and also like the fur of my big old fat geriatric labrador (who is still sleeping by the way and it's 10:30). It's the perfect yarn for a man who eats my secret, hidden chocolate stash like it's popcorn.

This last picture is purely gratuitous. My 4 year old A got slime in her hair. That chunk I'm holding was cut off. As you can see from the picture. She could have cared less. Turns out she looks kind of cute with half-bangs. Also discovered - slime is not water-soluble.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That chocolate...and yarn...look divine! I have a secret stash, too, but I have to keep moving its location!