Saturday, March 24, 2007

One Sock, Two Sock . . .


I've almost mastered the basic sock. My toes need work - I got a helpful tip from Heather (can't find her blog!!!) to try a kitchener stitch - so I'll try that next. Also, at the heel/gusset, there are holes where I had to M1. Since I knit backwards (I purl for knit and knit for purl), I must be making the M1 wrong. Ack! I need to find a book on how to make socks that takes me from beginner and keeps adding skill as I go.

But for now, I LOVE this fun cotton yarn - Katia Jamaica. One skein is JUST enough for adult-medium socks. My 6 year old, L is still wearing his single sock around, but doesn't seem to mind. I just turned the heel on his second one, but lost a #3 needle somewhere.

3 comments:

Heather said...

gorgeous socks! Love the colors. Where did you find it?

and you will find instructions for the kitchener stitch in your 'knitting without tears' on page 29 (I just looked.) there is no pictures, tho...

you can visit me again at
http://afamilylife.blogspot.com
if you like :)

Mamma said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and for your kind words.

Your socks look great! And you have a good eye for colors. Your photos are beautiful! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog.

Valkryie Knit This said...

Ooo! I love that sock yarn! So pretty!