Friday, July 18, 2008

Into the wild blue yonder...

Oh, my sides hurt. You bloggy friends are so funny! Thanks for your supportive comments regarding my 14 hours of knit-banned flight time. Sigh. I may have to . . . gulp . . . read. (I am actually looking forward to this. I have a backlog of books that need to be read.)

Well folks, we're off to some remote spot in Iceland. I'll take plenty of pictures and try to find all the yarn shops along the way.

But before I go, let me show you what Lumpy caught this weekend.This old man was released back into his watery home for the next lucky angler.

I am also happy to announce that I finished my Clapotis. It's fabulous and it's coming with me on our trip. It will come in very handy - the weather there should be between 50-60 degrees F. Perfect for a warm wrap.

I'll also be bringing my Rivendell socks. It has been ages since I worked on them. What better place than a country that still believes in elves and hidden people to knit a pair of elvish socks. My goal is to snap off some pictures of the finished socks on some lichen covered rock in a misty glen somewhere. Wish me luck.

Finally, Guinifer sent TWO (yes TWO) fabulous pairs of socks for our charity knit. There is still time if you'd like to contribute. Check out the details here. THANKS, GUINIFER!!!

6 comments:

Bertha said...

Ooh! Your Clapotis looks so lovely! I also can't wait to see a Rivendell photoshoot like you described! Mmm, Tolkieny.

Russell said...

It sounds like you are about to have an incredible adventure. The knitting ban is ridiculous though!

Neuroknitter said...

Your Clapotis is beautiful...I'm envious of your going to Iceland and being able to wear it!! Frankly, I'm just plain envious of your going to Iceland!!! ;)

The picture of the family and the fish is great!!! Looks like fun times!

Have a grand time in Iceland. I can't wait to see your Rivendell sock pictures taken just as you envisioned them!!

knitting elephant said...

Way to go, Lumpy!! And great work on the Clapotis... can't wait to see the in-action photos! Have a great time, and enjoy the reading time. :-)

Anonymous said...

The clapotis is gorgeous! The socks are nice too. :) Have fun!

Caroline said...

I just noticed that you have a "Russ" who made a comment about your trip. Mmmm. Maybe I should check to see that my husband isn't currently logged in when I make a comment. That was me:)