Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our 4th of July

Happy belated 4th of July, my bloggy friends. We spent a gorgeous long weekend on the lakes with family and friends. Good times, good times.

And what every good American does ...

knit wool hats!!!


Well, seriously, I was actually knitting wool hats out on the boat. We'll be heading to Iceland this summer and it will be a bit chillier than we're used to.

I experimented as I went and they happily turned out ok,


Now for some mittens . . .

ps. Guinifer, I take Leo up to Puppy Camp tomorrow! Thanks for your help.


8 comments:

Senja said...

Cute hats! Iceland sounds like a cool place to visit. Have fun!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Looks like you had great weather! Love those hats!! I was knitting wool socks instead :)

Anonymous said...

Cute hats! Glad you had a great weekend!

Guinifer said...

Hey - you wanna bring Ozzie home for me? (Just kidding - we're going to pick him up in a week or so...)

Where are the pictures of Leo on Highway 7?

Iceland? Teen and I are seriously jealous.

knitting elephant said...

Iceland?! How fun!! Those hats will be perfect and look great, too. :-)

Celtic Queen said...

Iceland is on our todo list as well. I hope to see lots of pictures.

Tonyia said...

Hey, I was knitting wool hats on the fourth, too!

No such luck as a trip to Iceland, though. How cool!

Neuroknitter said...

The pictures of your kids are always so wonderful!

The hats are great!

I hope you enjoy Iceland...other than the no knitting on the plane thing! ack!