Friday, September 4, 2009

Quick Post

Hey friends,

A friend and I write for a retailer (I write a book blog and she writes a food blog) - and we are teaming up to tackle Julia Child. I am hosting a "My Life In France" by Julia Child book club and FoodieMama is taking Julia's recipes and making them 'weeknight friendly'. Her recipes are fantastic and we'd love your feedback - even if you don't read the book.

Her first recipe is Coq Au Vin (don't panic - it's chicken). She has taken Child's recipe and made it mommy friendly (ie. do we really have a bottle of Cognac lying around?) Please check it out!


Enjoy!

7 comments:

cupcakefaerie said...

I loved Miss Julia's book. What an amazing woman she was.

I'll give the recipes a try. And you gotta have cognac in the house at all moments. I like to be prepared... :)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

What a great concept!! It may actually encourage me to try some of Julia's recipes!!

"Vis de Copil" (A Child's Dream) said...

thanks rani, its nice to know that folks care, it really does make a difference. will pass on your regards to johanna. katy

Guinifer said...

Just in time to get my dinner mojo back for school!

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Nice and thanks for the recipe.

Lorraine said...

Have you seen the new movie with Meryl Streep as Julia Child? I want to go so much but haven't had the time yet.

Holly said...

food and knitting. Great combination.

BTW - you have heard of Chaska haven't you?