Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Minnesota State Fair.

We went.

We ate.

We conquered.

...until today. uuuuhhhhhhnnnggghhhh. I'm not feeling so well. And to overwhelm myself with my stupidity, I ate a pound of fried green tomatoes and washed them down with a Diet Cherry Coke. I feel so yucky.


++++++++


Finished SocksStats:
Needles: US 3
Yarn: All Things Heather Handpainted Superwash Merino, colorway "Bucky"
Pattern: plain old socks - no pattern

Also, I finally finished this sweater by hiring someone to sew the zipper into it. It looks fantastic - fits perfectly and is my absolutely favorite thing I've knit so far.

Stats:
"Vidiot Sweater"
Pattern: Supersize Me by The Yarn Girls
Yarn: Berroco Peruvia, colorway "Sea Turtle - 7125"
Needles: US 7


PS. Come and join us for March Sweater Madness in Autumn. It will begin on September 15 and end on October 15. It's a great excuse to get your sweater knitting mojo into gear for this autumn.

9 comments:

cupcakefaerie said...

That's such a great hoodie. Good job!

PJS said...

wow, the fair looks like fun. I've never tried fried green tomatoes, what do you do with them? just salt them or do you add other condiments?

I love the hoodie, the colour is great, it just looks fabulous. Congratulations!

Guinifer said...

Wow - the hoodie is amazing! Who did you hire to do the zipper? I'd like to hire them to teach me to do zippers!

Food eating at the fair has ceased to amaze me!

livnletlrn said...

ha ha ha...fair food. so worth the upset tummy!

awesome hoodie. looks like the kind of sweater that could be worn/loved to threads.

livnletlrn said...

p.s. the hooping obsession is growing. This morning I am sore in muscles I never knew I had!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

The fair pictures are fantastic!! Looks like lots of fun!

Love the socks AND the hoodie!!

Probably Jane said...

Gorgeous knitting!

I hope you're feeling better after the fried green tomatoes. I'm coming to the States in October so will remember not to over do it with them!

Leslie said...

The fair looks fun, though that ride would have sent my stomach churning!

Anne Marie said...

Looks like you had a fantastic day!