Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hooooboy! And. Where the hell is my camera?

I found a box in while I was doing my Flylady decluttering and looking for my camera. Take a look at this:

I didn't find my camera but my snazzy Mac has a nice little built-in camera that worked just fine. In this box are a bunch of ALMOST finished knitted items. Why haven't I finished them? A.D.D? Perhaps. Laziness? Maybe a slight case of OCD?

Well, whatever the reason, I may as well finish them. So here they are in all of their UFO glory (that's UnFinished Objects to you non-knitting nerds)!
First up:
Rivendell Sock by Janel Laidman using dkKnits technicolor dream toes in "Molly Ringwald"
One cuff done.


2. One almost-finished Baby Mitts and Socks (LVS 5-22/23) by Rauma Designs
Sister is having a baby, so this is probably moving up to the top of the queue.


#3 - Socks for my dad that were supposed to be a Christmas present in '08.
Garter Rib by Charlene Schurch using Dream in Color Smooshy in "Midnight Derby"


#4 Socks for my hubby - Fall hunting socks of my own plain pattern. Some thick sock yarn, some big needles.


#5 These make me feel the most guilty of all because they are for my best friend who has since moved to Texas and probably will never need wool socks ever again. sniff.
"Little Pumpkins" Socks by Sabine Ruppert using ShibuiKnits Sock in ... orange.


#6 Classic mittens using Claudia Handpainted worsted in Freesia - for both my nieces birthdays this weekend.


#7. Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern by Nancy Bush using Sweet Sheep Sweet Socks in "Vampire".


SO how will I treat myself if I finish these projects? I set aside this lovely gem of a yarn to be used with my new pattern.
Yarn: Radiant Twist in "Positively Pink"
Pattern: Winnie by the fabulously talented IrishgirlieKnits (on sale until the end of Sept!!!)

P.S. please don't remind me of the two sweaters I have going which I determined to be finished by Oct. 15. Let's just agree to not talk about that right now.

13 comments:

wildtomato said...

Speedy knitting vibes to you! I've been making myself do the unnatural act of only working on one project at a time. I seem to crank out the FOs better that way.

Flylady... My friend was telling me about the program, and it prompted me to clean my sink. That was as far as I got. :P

Did you know the same person who did the 365 crockpot recipe blog also has her own cleaning system? My friend likes it better than Flylady.

livnletlrn said...

Wait a minute. Haven't we seen those baby mitts before? Did you proclaim a bunch of UFOs on their way to FO-land a year or so ago and maybe these were in the batch? Or maybe it was Lorraine/OfFaithandFiber or somebody else.

Sheesh, though, woman, knock those things out. Lots of good stuff there. Too good to be hiding in a box!

marit said...

LOL! That's like looking into MY WIP/UFO bin...You have some great patterns and yarns there though. Good luck with the finishing:-)

PJS said...

what with all the knitting we can hardly expect to be seeing you blogging over the next wee while I suppose!!....ps i wont mention the 2 sweaters you have on the go :)

Probably Jane said...

You have some lovely thngs in your WIP box. Just think how much lovelier they will be when they are finished.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Well, good thing is that you have a bunch of projects that are almost done! You're way ahead in the holiday knitting, think of it that way!! (and you have such fabulous taste in sock patterns and yarns!!)

I say finish 3 or 4 and then start Winnie :)

Lorraine said...

I've been putting off cleaning my sewing room/craft studio for that very reason. Too much guilt over UFOs.

Maybe I'll get inspired by your FO pile. Keep us posted!!!

Leslie said...

Wow, what a lot of projects in that box! Don't feel bad...I have NOTHING on the needles, which is probably worse. My knitting mojo has disappeared somewhere--perhaps with your camera!

wildtomato said...

Re: buttonholes... It makes a lot more sense to me to k2tog on the same row after the YO. I just didn't think of it at the time. Yep, knitting on the fly. ;)

Are you supposed to do the k2tog immediately after the YO?

Senja said...

Brave lady to out all you UFO's I may have to do it too though to get my blog mojo and knitting mojo back. Good luck with all the knitting!

Not so much your BFF said...

Our friendship is on the line... I have been patient with you for a very long time! But now I want my beautiful creations!!!

Anne Marie said...

So many beautiful yarns and so much to do in little time :-) I don't envy you. Imagine the sensation of acomplishment once you finish all those projects! Sending you good knitting vibes.

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

"Just take it bird by bird" (Anne Lamott)