Saturday, February 20, 2010

7 Days to the Birkie

Another non-knitting Birkie training update:

I skied 18.2K today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first was a 10.6 K race this morning.

I finished dead last. They had started to clean up the finish line. Not only was that embarrassing, but it made me kind of mad. If they want to see more women in this sport then they should make an effort to make it more fun. I finished in just over an hour, which wasn't speedy by any means, but it certainly didn't warrant abandoning the finish line. AND I had to pay $25.

Then this afternoon, another 7.6K with the gal pals.

I'm off to drink some wine.

LOVE YA!

11 comments:

Erica said...

They started cleaning up the line? Don't they keep track of how many people need to come through first? I'd be pissed. Great job though on finishing that distance! Enjoy your wine :)

livnletlrn said...

Watch out. You're starting to sound like you just might survive this crazy thang!

marit said...

You'd beat me....Anyway, an hour on 10K- that's not bad at all! The kids have been out skiing here...but I don't have any skies, so I just look out at all the pretty snow;-)

Only a week left until the race? Go, girl, go!

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

How rude! Cleaning up, before everyone is done! Perhaps they have some trouble counting...

I think you did a tremendous job, finishing that race!

Heather said...

Go! Rani!!!

Willow said...

When my dd walked/ran a 10K, I walked up to the organizers at the finish line who were cleaning up and reminded them that she and her friend were still on the course. They checked their roster and realized that there were several people who hadn't come in. I hope you enjoyed the wine with your pals!

Caroline said...

Wow! An hour seems very fast to me. I know what you mean about being annoyed with them dissing the last finishers. I ran a half marathon once where they were supposed to have this great breakfast at the end. By the time, my friend and I finished, the pickings were awfully slim. We joked about it, but...

Neuroknitter said...

I'm loving your Birkie countdown posts!! You go girl!!

Good luck!! :) :)

Heather said...

Hey! is that today!! Go, Rani!! Go go go go go!!! Whoo hooo!

marit said...

I'll be crossing my fingers for you! You are off in few hours, aren't you?

PJS said...

Come on, how did it go.... let us know we are all wating!

Hope you are doing ok.