Monday, February 8, 2010

HEY! Where's my snow day!?

19 days to the Birkebeiner

The beginning of my Baby Cable Yoke Jacket for Lizzy. I fell in love with the pattern over at Picperfic's blog.
A glacier has formed on my garden. I think it might be permanent.




Tiny little creatures have found their way from the storm onto my porch. I never see them, but there's the proof.

Can you believe this - every school district surrounding me has been cancelled due to snow. But my district? Nope. I have to head back in on the scary, unplowed highway to corral a bunch of Girl Scouts. I'm really not in a good mood.

9 comments:

Erica said...

Look at all that activity! I love seeing all the different tracks in the snow. All we have here at the moment are a couple kamikaze squirrels. Stay warm!

cupcakefaerie said...

Look at all that beautiful white snow as I sit here in 55 degree partly cloudy No. California. :) The snow really is beautiful though.

marit said...

I can only remember one snowday for my kids- and it wasn't even snow, just the heatingsystem at school that wouldn't heat! But we have good plowers, they've been really busy this year...

This would be the perfect opportunity for you though, to get in some skiing! Put on your skies and meet the girl scouts! (let's just imagine it's only a couple of miles away, right??)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I'd want a snow day too!! Love the little paw tracks!

Senja said...

Love the color for the sweater and the pattern too.
I need to get out and ski too because we are going on a ski trip in 2 weeks and I have been out once. Better go tonight.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if we are in the same district because we never get snow days ether ;)

Guinifer said...

So what is all this snow doing to your training?

Caroline said...

I felt like grabbing a blanket to warm me up looking at your snowy pictures. Brrrrr. Paw prints, how cute. Those poor little animals were cold and wanted in.

Heather said...

Sorry you missed your snow day. As of Friday, we have been out a whole week. Snowiest February on record and more to come on Sunday. I will never hope for another snow day, ever!
That little sweater is going to be BEAUTIFUL!