Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oh, Procrastination - How do I love thee?

20 days to the Birkie

and I'm finding all sorts of pressing and urgent tasks that are distracting me from my Kortelopet training. I DID go skiing yesterday with some great gal pals who made the 7 K much more fun.

First on my list of
very important 'things to do before I turn 40':

2. Learn to Crochet

I found some old yarn and turned out this crooked little ugly bookmark. Then I found some yucky-bright cotton and did a washcloth. It's being used as a
doilie for Belle's fish bowl.
Speaking of doilies:If you haven't tried to crochet yet, let me just tell you that it is such an awesome experience. You don't have to be as perfect as you do with knitting. If you make a mistake, you can merrily pull out a few stitches and your work does not come completely unraveled! I'm addicted.

Heads Up: EVERYONE IS GETTING DOILIES FOR CHRISTMAS!
MWOOo ha ha haaaaaa.

I also went to the local yarn shop
Coldwater Collaborative for their annual Superbowl Sale. The line was coming out the door when my mom and I arrived. No worries. Plenty of yarn to go around. I even left, picked up a kid from hockey, came back just in time to see Guinifer's yellow jeep peeling out, overflowing with yarn (just missed you!). I was looking for yarn to make another baby sweater for my niece Lizzy. This time on US 8 instead of US 1.5's - gah.
Would you believe that this Cascade 220 was on sale!??!

Next item not up for bid: yarn for a bunny toy that my daughter wants me to make.

8 comments:

Guinifer said...

Hah! My Jeep is burgundy and I didn't go until 3:30! And only HALF of my car was overflowing with new yarn!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I skipped our LYS superbowl sale, because, well, my stash overfloweths!

Love what you picked out!! Keep up the training!

PJS said...

mmmm, yummy new yarn! What's the bunny toy your girlie wants you to knit?

your crochet doilies look good. I have to say, I love that about crochet, the unpicking is much easier.

wildtomato said...

Cool, your crochet looks great! I got the hookin' bug, too, and have been making myself a scarf.

Kathleen said...

I've been crocheting a little too, and have a shawl in the making...or a shrug, or a big fat scarf.

The animals in the menagerie are BIG! Here's the link to the whole album. http://www.flickr.com/photos/23263095@N07/sets/72157623351281464/

You can see people working on them and they are as big as the people are!

Heather said...

Nice haul! so preeeetty.

I know how to crochet... but I am a loose hooker. So, I don't make anything that gauge matters, because I just can't seem to make things the right size in crochet. I can handle it in little bits and it is definitely useful.

now... get back to training!

cksknitter said...

I skipped the sale this year because I thought I would be stuck waiting out in the cold because they were only letting in a certain number of customers at one time. How did it go?

Sheepishly Speaking....... said...

If you want to create something quick!, crochet is the way to go. Almost instant gratification. And you are absolutely right about the ripping thing - mistakes are sooo easily taken care of; gives you a real sense of accomplishment instead of wanting to stick those knitting needles somewhere inappropriate in someone who is currently not on your good side! Lol.