Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thanks!

Thanks, ladies!  WPI is now in my official knitting vocabulary.  And yes, I suppose I still have to knit a @#$%ing swatch first.  grrr.

I forgot to show you this part of our Ely 4th of July.  They had kid games after the parade that were an absolute riot!  This was Tube Wrestling.  I don't think it needs any description or explanation.

Yup.  Again.  Self-explanatory.  Car smash.

Football throw (he got it in there!  Atta boy!)

And "Puttin' with a Paddle"

There was another game called "The Laughing Canoe" (I think that was the name)  A seriously punk looking dude sat in a canoe and you paid one ticket to sit facing him and trying to make him laugh.  If you succeeded in getting a smile or a snicker, you won a prize.

It's getting late and I have a bit of cookin' to do.  Night all!

1 comment:

Heidelweiss said...

Those games look hilarious! We have a big 24th of July (Utah holiday) street party here and I'm going to have to steal a few of those games.