Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kickin' and Chillin'

Hey folks.  I'm kickin' and chillin' with my girl, here.  Stella Blue Lulu.  She's a little mutt my husband picked up from a farmer up the road.   When we picked out Leo, we picked the cute little bundle that pushed his way through the litter and began chewing and pulling on our shoelaces and pants.  Charming. Turns out, that's a sign of dominance, which isn't a bad thing - you just have to know what you're doing with that kind of dog.

So this time, Mr. Darling watched as all the puppies scurried under a tractor and hid.  The farmer rolled a tennis ball and all the pups came out to play except for one.  That's the one he brought home.


shy baby girl
She was timid and shy, but we were careful about her first few days of introduction.  It paid off.  She is a bumbling, healthy, active little pup.
Chasing the boys.



And since this is a knitting blog, I will include a little section here called,
What's On The Needles

 These are unintentional knee highs.  I started them toe-up and I just kept knitting and knitting.  The yarn is Knit Picks Felici in Marine Life.
 This lump is the beginning of my Coraline sweater by Ysolda Teague.  I'm using Knit Picks Swish DK in Persimmon. 
This is a pair of legwarmers for my little baby niece in Utah.  Knit Picks Felici Sport in Garden Gate.
STAY WARM!

13 comments:

Guinifer said...

She is adorable Rani! Is she really a mutt? She looks pretty lab-like to me! Can't imagine what a shy little girl pup would be like....

Anonymous said...

She is getting bigger, fast. Snuggle her for us.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yay, yay, YAY! Congrats on the new puppy! She is simply adorable. I look forward to seeing her adventures with your family.

I love the colors of Felici that you're using. Isn't it the softest yarn?

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

Stella Blue Lulu is just so cute!

The knee highs are very cute too - you are doing the "two socks on one needle" thing right? Or am I mistaken?

Neuroknitter said...

Congrats on the newest addition to the family!!! She is adorable!! :)

livnletlrn said...

My heart did a pitter pat with the pics of your new sweet fuzzyfaced baby. soooo adorable!

look at you go w/ the 2 socks at a time and the matchy matchy stripes. Woot, Knittah!

marit said...

She's so cute! Will she stay out of your knitting...?

(great knitting, btw- I really have to knit myself a pair of kneehighs- we've had a really cold winter this year too...)

Caroline said...

Cute, cute, cute. I'm so happy for your family. What a great name you gave her too.

I like Knit Picks yarns, but I have only used solid colors. I think I need to check out the self-striping. Your socks are so vivid.

Anne Marie said...

Congratulations with your new cutie & charmer!!!

I digg your knits :-)

wildtomato said...

Eeeeeeek! A puppy! A cute puppy! What a lucky little pup!

Senja said...

So so cute your puppy! I love her already!

Love your blue socks too wish I could stick to knitting socks but they always get put down and shoved in a bag.

PJS said...

Hey there old bloggy pal,

sorry we havn't talked in ages, life caught up with us and all knitting etc ceased for a good long while, today I was reading that Bev Galaskas (spelling?) passed away and it reminded me of the felted clogs pattern you gave me which made me want to check in on you, see what you are up to.

So sorry to hear about Leo, what a terrible shame, they are only animals but they do leave such gaping holes behind.

I hope your lovely new puppy settles in well, she's really lovely.

Will try and blog soon.... if you can still forgive me for such a long silence.

Warmest wishes, PJS

cupcakefaerie said...

She's adorable! Nice knits too. :)