Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh, hey there.

Turkeys by the feeder.  Kind of ugly.

I have been awfully quiet on the blogosphere lately.  Like all of us, life gets busy and one has to prioritize.  Of course, this little lady takes the cake.

If anyone out there is thinking about having a baby . . . or another one.  Borrow a puppy for a few days.  You'll get over it.

All is forgiven.  Stella was innocent; she didn't leave the bathroom door open. Of course she'd shred an entire roll of toilet paper.  Wouldn't you?

Momma loves you.

And there has been a wee bit of knitting.  I finished my niece's leg warmers.  They might be too tight and too long, but they're done and so am I.

Knit Picks Felici is soft, but I'm worried a bit about slouchy stretch happenin'.  Love the colors, though.



The other Knit Picks Felici is still being processed into the longest pair of stockings on the planet.  If I don't get them done soon, they will no longer fit my daughter.  And yes, I have been knitting two socks on one pair of addi turbo needles (really, is there any other way?) that have been, by the way, slightly chewed on by Stella Blue and tend to snag the yarn here and there.

I have also been baking.  See?

I read The Help and in it, the author mentions southern caramel cake several times.  I have not rested until I found a version I like.  Here is the link.  The cake is a bit eggy, so I might find a different yellow cake recipe, but the frosting is TO DIE FOR.


Finally, my middle kid, who started skating about a year and a half ago, scored his first goal.  I was poised with the camera throughout the game and managed to ruin the shot because I was screaming and yelling like an idiot.  That blurry white guy is my kid.  (and yes Guinifer, that's EP he scored against mwoo ha ha haaaaaa.  But did Tonka beat EP?  Oh, well.  That's not really important and I can't remember anyway ;-)

10 comments:

Guinifer said...

What level hockey is he playing? I can never get them straight. If Puck were still playing, he'd be in Bantams. Our Bantam level lost a dozen ninth graders this year. I thought Stella was supposed to be the manageable puppy? She's adorable!

Guinifer said...

Also? That cake has made me very hungry.

Neuroknitter said...

Welcome back!! You've been missed! :)

In order of appearance:
1. OMG...she's too cute
2. I can't believe she did that
3. Awww
4. Darling leg warmers and
5. love the blue
6. Yum...I"m so hungry
7. congrats on the first goal!!

Jess said...

Personally I think a baby is less trouble than a puppy, but to each their own:)

Caroline said...

Awwwww! I haven't quite forgotten the days of everything unattended item being chewed to shreds. I still have a couple of double-pointed needles that were chewed on, but that I couldn't quite accept were goners.

I read The Help too and also had to have that yummy-sounding cake. A friend made it for our book club meeting. We thought that was a better choice than the chocolate. (LOL)

Anonymous said...

She is ADORABLE!

I don't do puppies for exactly the reason you pictured. However, the 4-5 year old dog I brought home from the pound last year loves to shred toilet paper. I have to lock the bathroom door when I leave the house or he gets the door open and goes to town. I also had to lock up the paper towels in the kitchen.

wildtomato said...

She didn't do it. No way. A face like that can't do evil things. (Clearly, it's been a long time since a puppy has been here.)

I loved that book! Mmmmm, caramel cake. Wish I could nab a slice.

Kathleen said...

Well, I LOVE your puppy! She's gorgeous, even with shredded toilet paper. I'm so glad she met you! Those baby antics are specifically done to change your lifestyle and thought patterns and everything else you thought was stable in your life. everyone needs a little shake-up in their lives from time to time, right? Ha.

Stop showing me that cake, lady. I have 5 pounds to drop and I keep scrolling back to the cake and stuffing one more piece of toast in my mouth. Maybe next time, you could post a pic of diet soda or something??

Congratulations on the goal! I couldn't tell who was who, but congrats anyway!

Missed you, and I'm glad you're back!

randi K design said...

What a cute puppy!! And how special to have turkeys running around the house...
Have a nice Sunday!

Heather said...

so funny! I have pictures from Eldest's first grade talent show where he and his buddy did "magic". I was laughing so hard I was crying and everytime I see the blurry and tilted pictures I get super full of momma-joy. You will love that picture forever! Congrats lil'hockey star!