Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Snowy Days.



Last weekend, a warm breeze blew in from the south and Minnesota had a nice thaw-out.  Look at that - water on the lake.

Don't let that kid you, though.  There is still at least 2 feet of solid ice under that water.  This early taste of spring was the calm before, yet another, Minnesota blizzard.  Gobs of snow and howling winds kept us home for most of two days.



A little snow and cold didn't stop the boys from grabbing their airsoft rifles and heading out the door to play 'army'.




I stayed safe and warm inside trying to clean out my yarn container that is an entire den.  I took pictures, but I'm really too embarrassed to show you that in some areas of my life, I am - a hoarder.

I also managed to finally put an end to these forever toe-up stockings.  These are Belle's "Lagoona Blue" socks in Knit Picks Felici; colorway "Marine Life" on a US 1.5 or 2.5 mm needles.  Snore.  Took forever.



They turned out pretty darn cute, though.  She ever wore them to school today, sweet thing.


Hibernation

Happy Shoveling!

7 comments:

Guinifer said...

That picture of the puppy sleeping (hibernating?) is hysterical. I would like to sleep like that right now.

Erica said...

Ugh, you got all that snow right after the thaw? I feel your pain, I really do! Stay warm and cozy with all your stash :D

Neuroknitter said...

Oh my goodness...your ice, snow and blizzards vs. my little crocus!! :)

The knee highs are adoreable!

I hope you're staying warm!! :)

wildtomato said...

Brrrrrrr! It's actually supposed to snow here starting tomorrow night in the Bay Area. I can't wait to see how everyone drives on the freeways when the foreign white stuff is falling from the sky.

Caroline said...

Oooh! those socks are so cute, and it is so fun to have a happy recipient!

Heidelweiss said...

Yes, snore. But how adorbs are they?! Very, is the answer you're looking for. SO MUCH SNOW! Ugh. We've had a rough winter. I thought. I was kind of feeling sorry for myself. Until I saw this. I guess I don't really know what a rough winter is.

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

The socks are adorable!
I really wouldn't mind a bit of snow - we just have endless rain...