Friday, February 11, 2011

Puff Ball Hell

Somewhere between philanthropy and insanity, I decided to make and donate 15 pairs of "spirit fingers" to my son's hockey team moms.  If you don't know what spirit fingers are, here's the scoop.  You take cheapo gloves and attach pom poms to the ends of the finger in your school colors.   Yeah me.  Fun idea.

The Concrete-Sequential person in me would have calculated yardage and pom pom amounts before deciding to take on the task.

The Abstract-Random person in me, although creative and fun, began pumping out puff balls at an astonishing rate.  Then there was the oops-I-ran-out-of-yarn moment, another trip to the nearest craft store and four more skeins of yarn.  I was at 70 puffs.  Should be close.  Let's do the math. . .

15 pair = 30 gloves

30 x 5 = 150 puff balls needed

Crap.

Better news, I finished ONE knee up sock. 


The puppy ate my Addi Turbo knitting needles (I know - my fault) and tore up the yarn balls.  I had to get out the good old wooden double points to finish, but finish I did.  I only have about an inch on the second sock to finish, but it's taken a back seat to pom pom mania.

Oh, and she chewed up my phone charger, too.  

Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Guinifer said...

I say again, I thought she was supposed to be the manageable dog!!!!! LOL'ing my head off here.

wildtomato said...

At least when she chews up things you can have (false?) hope that she'll grow out of it.

150 pom poms? Oh dear. I think I'd have nightmares about them if I had to make that many.

Neuroknitter said...

Ahhh...it wouldn't be any fun if the pup was well behaved!! :)

Cute knee highs!!

Happy weekend!! :)

BigSkyMama said...

Cute socks!! And, love those spirit thingys:)

livnletlrn said...

Those gloves do not look conducive to any good beer chuggin' hockey game activity.

Oh, wait. You said this was for your son's hockey team? I forgot. That's when the mamas are supposed to behave.

ha!

Caroline said...

Ohhhhh! I have a pair of Addi turbos that have little, tiny teeth marks on them. I couldn't stand to throw them out, and the marks are too deep to sand down. It happened three years ago when Gidget was a puppy. You only have two and a half years to go! (LOL) I'm sure Lulu will grow out of it much faster than Gidget did. No worries:)