Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Color my world.

See this?  This is what my days have been looking like lately.  

Gray.  Dull.  Colorless.  

So my new endeavor to learn crochet has been an opportunity to bring a little pizazz to this quiet, bleak scenery.  Let me give you a little show.
The little tam I was working on was sitting on my desk - like a little squid-like blob and making me feel inferior and lazy.  Just block it and sew in the ends.  That's it!  And true to all of your friendly comments, blocking made all the difference.  She is, indeed, looking and acting like a proper tam. 

I'll try to post pics of someone actually wearing the darn thing.  It's cute.  Here's the pattern, if you're interested.  It's called "Autumn in Garrison" by Kate Gagnon Osborn.  


 And as I mentioned, I thought I'd try crocheting my way through Attic 24.  I thought I'd start with Lucy's Birdie Decorations.  I started crocheting a circle and suddenly found myself with six of them and counting.  So far, so fun.  I'll show you my pretty little birds when they're all done.


And finally.  After a particularly aggravating confirmation class in which I agreed to "assist" the teacher with a gaggle of 7th grade boys (one of them being my own), I was presented with these lovely flowers from one of the parents.   That, and a big glass of red wine with a bow on it on my arrival back home made me reconsider quitting and telling all those 7th grade boys where to stick their . . . well. . . you get the idea. . . .  Thanks C & L & K.  I'll give it another go.  But these gray hairs are multiplying . . .  Pray for me.  (wink wink).


I could eat these flowers up, if I could.  Aren't they divine?



4 comments:

Guinifer said...

Oooh, 7th grade boys can be both a delight and torture. I love them just the same.

livnletlrn said...

Look at 'er go! Rock on, you multicraftual mama!

Senja said...

Love the colors just the thing for the colorless days of January.

Harpa J said...

Your crochet looks wonderful. So bright and happy! The flowers are equally beautiful. I'm curious about the confirmation. Is is similar to the Icelandic one? The boy's are in 7th grade - they are 12 then, right?