Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mid-Winter Hello!



That fiberlicious feeling has been slowly returning.  Must be the cold weather which is now finally arriving in Minnesota.  We were snowed in by December last winter.  This year, winter really hasn't started yet and it's mid January.    That's a brave little icefisher out there on that ice.  There are strange open bits of water out there.  No thanks.  I'll stay put right here.

This little elf of a girl is sporting what is supposed to be a tam.  I was over there on Guinifer's blog checking out her pretty little tams and decided I would try my hand at it.  The pattern is Autumn in Garrison by Kate Gagnon OsbornI think it MUST be blocked. . . and yeah, bound off.  Maybe then I will look like it's supposed to.  And maybe I should have checked my gauge before I started.

Finally, I have a big bag of cotton yarn and I'm not afraid to use it - nor am I afraid of the Ben Franklin tin crochet needle from my grandma's stash.  I might make this into a throw or just get as far as a pillow cover.  It's a zippy little project - completely mindless and quick.  If you are even slightly inspired to try your hand at crochet or to dust off those needles, you must check out this blog: Attic 24.  It's amazing.  Just scroll down and dig into all that color.

3 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Tams are notoriously untamlike until blocked. Have faith.

Harpa J said...

This totally looks like a tam. Just not blocked. And it's very pretty.

Guinifer said...

I soak 'em and block 'em on a dinner plate - then you get the proper drape!