Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blog Following

I found out how to check all my favorite blogs in a FRACTION of the time. If you have a blogspot account, go to your Dashboard and find READING LIST. You can add as many blogs as you like and then you can check your dashboard and it will keep track of who has updated their blogs! I have fallen in love with this. It used to take me forever on my ancient 2 year old computer to click on every.single.blog.

Now I check my dashboard, it shows me that 4 of my favs have updated and I can immediately read them. No fuss no muss.

oh, and you can post that list on your blog (see that to the left?) The order in which they are sorted is by the most recently updated.

So, just thought I'd let you know. It makes blog life so much easier.

7 comments:

livnletlrn said...

I use Google Reader for the same thing and love it because I can subscribe to anything that way, not just blogs. Definitely time-saving functions!

marit said...

I'll have to check that out! It would certainly save me a LOT of time(that I then could use on finding new blogs...;-))

Tonyia said...

I use the blogger dashboard like that too. Pretty handy!

We use firefox as our browser, and I have the 'sage' app installed. I can click on that and click the update button and it will check all the blogs I have saved. Pretty slick, too.

Of course, there's google reader for when I'm not on my own computer, too.

Addicted to blogs? who, me?

Guinifer said...

Clever Boots.

cksknitter said...

Thanks for the blogger dashboard tip! I set mine up yesterday and I think it will save me a lot of time.

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

I really like that feature on the blogspot dashboard.

wildtomato said...

I'm all about Google Reader! If I didn't have that, there is no way I'd be able to keep up with all the going ons of the blogosphere.