Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spring (ha ha wishful thinking) Cleaning

I am cleaning out my knitting cupboard/bins and here is SOME of what I found.

A gaggle of UFOs (that's
unfinished objects for the non-knitter)

I believe I have my work cut out for me . . .


broken socks


My first Monkeys (socks are two different gauges)


Charlene Schurch - cabled watch cap


Scarf that will be too short
(probably frog and start over at a smaller width)




Baby Cable Rib by Charlene Schurch


Rivendell Sock by Janel Laidman


"Little Pumpkins" Socks by Sabine Ruppert


Striped stocking cap - just need to weave in all the ends.


Snake Scarf


Lori's Mitten (just one. have to finish the other)


Noro Bag (have to sew on handles)


Baby Selbu Mits

Art Scarf


NERD ALERT: Weasley Sweater - first attempt at a sweater - total disaster - will frog and make hot pads instead.

Next post: In which Raniknits readers will decide which UFO I should finish next.

PS. There is another box of UFO's under my bed that I just found. Too busy to take pics.

12 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Wait a minute! "Scarf that will be too short" looks just about perfect as a neckwarmer. Maybe even a 2x-around the neck neckwarmer. The dropped stitches could prob. work as buttonholes, so add buttons to one end and bind off - FO!

That top pair of socks is a quick fix. Easy peasy!

The 2 half-finished pairs of mittens? Come on -- a couple of evenings and they'll be done.

And I can't even believe you called that awesome stripey hat an UFO. That's SO done. Weave in those ends, woman!

Come on - you can do it - spring cleaning before it's spring! Be free!! ;-)

Heather said...

you have great taste in projects!
(and that is why I don't look deeper in that basket than the project I want to work on on top :)

Caroline said...

Mmmmm. Your list became more and more impressive as I scrolled down. I know you haven't asked for votes, but I think the Rivendell socks are soooo cute, especially in pink. If you finished them, maybe I'll be inspired to actually start mine. I've only gotten as far as buying the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Yowzers that's a lot of UFOs! You are so close on so many of them - I bet an afternoon can take care of a lot! :)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

You definitely should join the frog it or finish it knitalong! There's prizes at least :)

Weave in the ends on that hat...you'll feel better and have a new FO!!! Then the socks I think...one pair looked almost done!!

So proud of you for coming clean....

Guinifer said...

Holy Moly Rocky!
That's a metric ton of UFO's.
Hmmm, I want to see some of those socks finished....

marit said...

And just imagine all those free needles you will get once you've finished a UFO (or two...or three...LOL)
(I have a few lying around here too...)

Neuroknitter said...

Oh my!!! I can rest easier knowing I'm in such good UFO-stasher company!!

Anonymous said...

I noticed that you DID NOT put the ORANGE SOCKS(you promised those to me last year) and the ORANGE MITTENS (my birthday WAS January 26and I am still waiting).
Other than that, I feel sorry for ALL of those other people whose projects are under your bed!!

Leslie said...

That's quite a pile! I have only a few UFOs but they'll probably be frogged and quietly put away :-)

Kathleen said...

Holy smokes! I've never seen that many UFOs all in one galaxy! Heh, not really. UFOs are cool, most of the time, because it's like starting a completely new project and finishing in half the time...well, depending on your attitude. I usually have UFOs because they completely sucked in the first place, but I didn't have the interest even to rip them out. Resurrecting my UFOs is usually a form of self torture.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one with nearly completed ufos lurking around! (I knew I couldn't be, but it's still good to see proof:)

I say weave in the ends on that hat & then pick a gauge for your monkeys & knit those babies up! I see you are doing the no purl version...I'm over 1/2 way through my first sock & wishing I had done them that way. I already frogged cause they were too tight though, so next time!