Wednesday, April 21, 2010

He's back. . .

. . . and how I've missed my little friend. You know? He doesn't have a name and I think it's high time that he did. He's the little bugger that prevents me from spraying my rose bush like hell. I'm too afraid I'll poison this guy who has made the thorny bush his unlikely home for the last few years.

Doesn't he seem to be smiling? Any good name ideas?

I have show off the first of my seeds to sprout. These tiny creatures are a salad mix - mesclun or something like that. . . they are smaller than my pinky nail. And so so pretty.

Last of the Lobelia

and the young rhubarb forest

and early strawberry potentialHappy Spring!

12 comments:

knitting elephant said...

What I would give to take a stalk of that rhubarb and shove it into a dixie cup of sugar just like when I was a kid! Yummy!

Guinifer said...

You need to put something next to him so that we can tell how small he is.

livnletlrn said...

I believe that dude's name is Pudge.

Caroline said...

Herb, the toad's name should be Herb.

I'm so happy that you're so happy. You seem to like bright colors, which is one of the reasons that I'm drawn to your blog:) I have another surprise for you. It's already been sent. For some reason, I slipped your return address tag from last fall when you sent me that pink yarn into my address book. My husband shipped it for me on Monday. The only thing I'm worried about is that the tag said Minnetrista, not Excelsior. The zip's the same though, so.....should be OK. I really am excited to see what you do with it.

Anne Marie said...

Mr. G or Mr. T

Mr. G stands for Mr. green or grin, and Mr. T stands for Mr. Toad. He most deinately looks happy to see you again :-)

Anonymous said...

how about Harry? Mom

cksknitter said...

He looks like a Burt to me.

Icelandish said...

In honor of the pesky volcanoes in your hubby's homeland, I say the frog's name should be Katla or Hekla.

Tiff said...

Rupert.

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

Harold. Don't ask my why...

Lovely pictures!

randi K design said...

I love spring! Great to see the flowers come back to life! Have a great weekend!

Sonja said...

I'd call him Turtle. And, yes, beeeauuuutiful photos! :)