Tuesday, April 20, 2010

No offense . . .

. . . but I do. not. like. Elizabeth Zimmermann's Surprise Baby Sweater. It has been a surprising pain in the knitting arse. I should really just go back to socks.

ps. you really should visit some of my bloggy friends in Iceland. They are keeping us posted on the amazing happenings regarding the volcano. Harpa lives just south of the eruption and Icelandish is in Reykjavik (to the west of the eruption). Litla Skvis is also in Reykjavik.

oh, and that funny little knit/crochet thingy from a previous post was from 30 Rock.

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

*laughing out loud*

Anonymous said...

OMG! Haha, thankfully we are all different!

I really do feel for Harpa and the people in that area. The state of things there is just horrible :(

Celtic Queen said...

You might try Babies and Bears instead. Similar look with a hood and no seams. Just some grafting. I can crank one out in about 3 evenings and have never made the same one twice.

marit said...

Finally someone who agres with me!!! I've just knitted Baby Surprise, and it was no fun...looksokay when it's done though, but a bit boring...

We've been following the news about Iceland too, hubby came home from China Wednesday night, on one of the last planes to Bergen. Just watching the photos is amazing, but thinking of those living nearby is awful.

Guinifer said...

Cool websites! Scary stuff.

Heather said...

I admire EZ. That's about it. sorry.
Good luck with the farm!