Saturday, April 10, 2010

Howdy from Texas

Hi all! I'm down in Dallas, TX visiting my best buddy who moved here last summer. I brought my knitting - I frogged and restarted my EZ Surprise Baby Sweater. Third times a charm . . . I hope. It's too hot to knit and I'm having too much fun drinking coffee until it's time to drink wine and catching up with my beautiful friend and her family.

Here are some of my first images of Texas.
(Texas sized frog was about the size of a football)

(texas-sized car accident - unbelievably, no one was killed!)

(a "registered" Texan)
Texas-sized house
Texas sized blooms.

And we're off to the Fort Worth art fair. Stay tuned.....

9 comments:

marit said...

EVERYTHING is big in Texas...;-D

Have fun!!!

livnletlrn said...

Hoo boy, I bet there's some culture shock rocking your world! Nice to be able to enjoy it with a friend!

Senja said...

Wow that is a big A** frog! Have fun!

Heather said...

after my 3rd try at BSJ I looked away. Maybe someday...good luck!

N said...

They have an unusual brand of road kill down there too. My in-laws lived in Austin when we were first married...

Tiffi said...

We MISS you!!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow! That is a big frog. Hope you are having a great trip!!

randi K design said...

Big frog! I had one "walking" into the back gate last year an I couldn't believe my own eyes...! Size of a cat..
But here is how you knit in the Texas heat:
Put your swimming suit on, dip in the pool to cool down(don't get your hands wet..!). Than position yourself next to the edge of the pool and knit, with the yarn resting on the side...works great!
Have a nice week!

Anne Marie said...

I think everythink in the US is big. You are saying Texas is big, which means biger than everywhere else in the US? Woaw! :-)