Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy First Day of Winter, Minnesota (better late than never)

 I'm enjoying a quick cup of coffee while I decide on yarn for my next project.  Since I'm on my computer, I thought I'd show you a bit of a proper Minnesota winter.


 We went into lessons last night with a gray sky and brown grass.  We emerged a few hours later to this happy mess.  And glory be, were we happy!
 I tried to snap a photo of the house with the snow, but this is what I got instead.  You get the point, though, right?


So we hunkered down in front of a cozy fire and I added a few rows to the test knit I've been working on (it's almost done).
 Stella kept my feet warm and she had no trouble keeping her own feet warm.
 When we awoke, it was a winter wonderland.
 Off we went to school, with the kids bemoaning the fact that they couldn't stay home and play outside. 

 Isn't it pretty?




9 comments:

Tonyia said...

YAY for winter, whenever it comes! Great photo essay!

wildtomato said...

Winter? What is that? Today, it was 72 degrees. Seriously. This is abnormal even for CA!

Can't wait to see your blood red scarf!

Unknown said...

Beautiful snow pix!!!

livnletlrn said...

Very pretty. Just happy I don't have to drive in it.

Guinifer said...

PERFECT!

AthertonCA said...

Wow! Your fireplace is beautiful! Love the pictures of the snow. We don't get any here in the Bay Area. On the upside, I live 25 minutes from Stitches West and it has been in the 70s the last few days.

farfromharmfarm said...

hi rani, this looks like a happy fun day...my favorite kind. which catalogs are you looking through, i'd like to get me some:)

Rani said...

Knit Picks catalog. I just can't beat the prices anywhere. And the color selection is awesome.

Heather said...

That is an absolutely wonderful fireplace! Beautiful! Makes me all warm just seeing the photo!