Tuesday, February 7, 2012

WARNING: Cussing Ahead

I came downstairs in the middle of the night for a glass of water (so cliche) and was passing a big window when the outside security light switched on and this gal scared the shit out of me.  I couldn't come up with a better word than that.

This bird feeder is a few feed from our windows and apparently this is the reason we go through bird seed so quickly.  

Anyway, so this is what I've been up to when I crawl into bed.   Watching some boob-tube: 30 Rock reruns.

I've been making these Baby Hearts.  

I got this quick and easy little pattern from Spindles and Spice and can't seem to stop myself.  

This pile represents only a fraction of what I've actually made because I've been giving them away and scattering them around the house which I thought was a cute, fun idea until I realized that the dog has eaten some of them but that makes for a huge run-on sentence.  And so I go on.

I have been keeping the hearts in this little plastic tub I pulled from the recycle bin.

And . . . you guessed it.  Crochet bombed it.  Bombed the bajeezus out of it. 
And as for these little hearts.  I think I'll give the teeny tiny hearts to my teeny tiny students.  Or maybe I'll make a garland of hearts.  Or those hippie doorway hanging garland thingies.  Oh crochet.  How I love thee.  So many ways to spread the crochet cheer.




8 comments:

wildtomato said...

She would scare me, too! She scared me just by looking at her picture! Love, love, love the baby heart piles. I can't believe your silly dog ate some. I've been tying mine to my husband's work bag as a token of my affection. I can't say he's too thrilled about it, though...

livnletlrn said...

You are completely Out. Of. Control. And I like it. :-)

Senja said...

Ha Ha you have a serious addiction going there. That is one big doe, she doesn't look to scared of you either.

Neuroknitter said...

That poor deer looks about as scared as you must've been!!! Love the crochet heart bombs!! Happy almost Valentine's day!!

p.s. yesyesyes!! you need to add a cat to the family ;)

Guinifer said...

She looks as frightened as you must have been.

I think the hearts would make an awesome scarf sewn together.

Linda said...

Looks like you are Truly "Hooked"!! (Sorry...couldn't resist). Your post is too funny...makes my day. Love the deer in the headlights - I mean window. Can't wait to see the hippie-heart garland. The hearts are very cute. Sorry about the dog eating a bunch. Have fun today!

Erica said...

At least it wasn't IN your house! Love the wee hearts - I have to make a few now :)

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

Those hears are so cute! The deer looks quite scared too :-)