Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's A SNOW DAY!!!!!

HELL FREEZES OVER: Minnesota schools announces 2 hour late start.

 No.  That is not really Minnesota.  It's a photo from the NYTimes of the Colorado snowpack from last year.  My hubby told me about a demotivational poster but I couldn't find it, so I just improvised and made it myself.   If you're from around here . . . or anywhere north of here, for that matter, you'll appreciate that.
 I need to start out this post with some fiber stuff, so here is a little ditty called "Phannie" that is a great stash buster.  I used a plain old worsted weight wool and an f or g hook - can't remember. . .  It has yet to be blocked but my little goofball "Phannie" could care less.  Guinifer got me going on this tam kick. 
 We were in a hurry to take these photos - so they're a bit blurry.


Every kid growing up here says a little prayer each night for a "snow day".  That means that the roads or the cold are so severe that they either postpone the start of the school day until the roads are clear or they cancel school altogether.   

One would think that Minnesota would be the front runner for snow days, but because we are so hardy and well-prepared, it is highly unusual for our "Supes" to cancel school.  It goes a little something like this:

 
Today we were lucky to get a two hour late start.  Great joy abounded in our house this morning as alarm clocks went off and then were promptly turned off and ignored.  Oddly enough, the kids got right up out of bed and were as peppy as Christmas morning.  Hmm











5 comments:

Guinifer said...

Must be that Evil Empire competitive nature - our school district will NOT LOSE to no stinkin' snowstorm! Kids get on the bus at the usual time and slip and slide their way to school.

Rani said...

HAaaaahahaa. You're right. Those Supes are probably like, "I'll close if you close." "I'll close if you close." "You close first." "No - YOU close first." HA HA HAA

Heidelweiss said...

We've finally gotten some snow here too. It's been the strangest winter. Snow days haven't even been thought of. Lame.

Senja said...

Love those tams I should jump on that bandwagon too!
Glad to have the day off this week but even happier to send them back the next day. Our first snow day of the year too.

livnletlrn said...

Loving all the texture in that tam. Very cool. I was a crochet fanatic as a kid, haven't done it much since. I have a feeling that if I went down that rabbit hole again, now with the glorious fibers and new patterns, it would be an intoxicating adventure. Enjoy!