Friday, November 16, 2007

One day more . . .

I have not posted in some time and there are several reasons.

1. My socks have become painstakingly slow.

2. A friend and I started an environmental club for our kids and the first "Challenge" was to keep as many electronics off as humanly possible . . . this included PSP
and my computer - gulp. So for the past week, my computer has not just been asleep - OH NO! It has been unplugged! If I get the urge to check e-mail or look your all your blogs, I have to go through the work of plugging it back in, warming the machine up and all this without my kids/husband finding out!! Gah! WITHDRAWAL!!

3. I'll tell you in a minute . . .

So quick, before anyone comes home. Here is what I've been up to:

Christmas socks - which I am absolutely head over heals for - yarn and pattern. They are not quite done, but soon . . . so soon.
Specs:
Pattern: Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern by Nancy Bush
(THIS IS MISLEADING AS THEY ARE NOT CHILD SIZED)
Yarn: fingerling weight - Sweet Sheep Sweet Socks
Colorway: Vampire (I know . . . not very Christmasy)
Needles: Size 2 (Keep in mind that she must have a very loose gauge because she specifies US 1 and I used US 2 and the socks are not even close to being too big. )

Next stop - Gift Socks for a certain kid we like to refer to as Lumpy.
Simple and straight forward socks.
Pattern: my own - just a basic sock
Yarn: Clown #1689
needles: US 2
CO 48 - this will fit a child - 6-8 - I have a tight gauge.

My Woolgirl Sock Club kit arrived. It's fabulous. Simply fabulous! Here's a pic:
SALE!!!! You know those beautiful Noro scarves everyone is knitting?! Well Noro can be expensive but Woolgirl is having a sale 40% off and the Noro is going fast for $5.40 per skein!! HURRY! (My hands are tied behind my back (I'm typing with my nose) so I can't buy the stuff, but I want some of that bad. This is a great beginner scarf AND they make great Christmas gifts!
And #3 reason:
We picked up Leo early - we couldn't wait any longer. Here is our dear boy in all his glory!!
And he's off!!

7 comments:

renee said...

Oh my gosh!! He's beyond cute! No wonder you couldn't wait.

marit said...

Leo is adorable!!! The kids want a dog, I keep saying no...mean, I know..
Your socks looks great!
(And we would never be able to have a computerfree week...maybe hubby, but NOT the rest of us!!!)

PJS said...

Oh he's lovelly... and by the looks of things he's a bouncy little chap.

you're yarn pack's nice. I am getting the hang of this sock lark now. I am actually enjoying it now.

how long is the energy saving for? My man would approve (we're trying to be green too) Although, no time on comp means more time on socks. lookin good.

Tonyia said...

The pup is positively adorable. It's so HARD to resist a snuggly puppy. Congratulations on the new member of the family!

Anonymous said...

Leo is way too cute!! I'm sure he is keeping you busy. Good luck in keeping away from the computer.....and away from Woolgirl!

Lorraine said...

Oh my, the cuteness in blogdom is going to cause major server crashing. He looks so adorable.

Bet he's keeping the whole family entertained and very, very busy, though. At least our Harley is doing that for us.

Baby animals are a blast!

Jillsknit said...

CUTE BABY! I love little critters they so full of life and excitement.

Saw you comment on my blog. If you decide to do the gloves there's a couple "tricks" to make them easier and a few mistakes I found. Email me and I fill you in.