Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Puppy Love

The dictionary meaning of "puppy love" says:

transitory love or affection felt by a child or adolescent

However, I'd like to challenge the Merriam-Webster's definition of puppy love to
include the following:

2. the ability to love a puppy despite its inability to control bladder and bowel functions, tendency towards destroying shoes, toys, socks and furniture, and a
strange obsession with pouncing on people's faces when they are trying to sleep, read or watch tv.


So all this clean-up and scrambling out of his way has left little time for knitting Christmas gifts and I'm starting to get anxious. I started this pair of socks for my sister-in-law who I'm sure never checks my blog. If she does, well, there you go A.A. Some nice woolly socks to keep your toes warm up there!


I am also trying to decide what hat to knit. I already know what color but the pattern is illusive. I'm considering this one:

(picture used without permission from Knitty)

But there are also a few from Charlene Schurch's book Hat's On! that I love as well. Perhaps after Thanksgiving, I'll post the patterns and take a vote!

And last, here is a better picture of the Woolgirl Sock Club yarn.


mmmmmmm. What to do with it . . . what to do . . . .

7 comments:

PJS said...

What can I say, You've got to love those puppy action shots, he's just adorable.

White fury (a.k.a our little westie) chewed the lovelly sweater I knitted him.... little swine... still love him though, so I have to agree with the dictionary amendment.

I like the wool you are using for your sister-in-laws socks, it almost gives a fair isle effect.

PS, I LOVE Dory, she's so funny :) specially when she plays 'I spy' *giggle*

Guinifer said...

Now that you mention it, I know that I spent about four months in a chair in front of the TV watching the puppy for signs of needing to "go". Then he went to hunting camp for three months and we missed him, but after he came home, it took about a week and he had the whole potty thing down pat. (This is why we are waiting until after Christmas to bring our new little boy home.)

Senja said...

It's probably a good thing he's cute or he might not last long at your house huh? I've been hankering for a dog lately but i think if I do it I will try to get a older dog. I'm not ready to deal with puppy stuff right now. He's very cute! And cute socks!

Michelle said...

isn't it amazing how fast we can fall in love with an animal or baby! It is so easy to trust innocent creatures!

marit said...

Your puppy is just adorable- even while carrying a hat!
Great socks- and lovely new yarn:-)

Lorraine said...

I LOVE that hat pattern. I was just looking for a hat pattern for my last two balls of hand dyed yarn.

I am so glad Harley came already litter trained! Sounds like a busy time.

Anonymous said...

Ok, there are pictures of the stash enhancement up on my blog for you to drool over!!

The puppy is just too cute!