Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy late Turkey (or Tofurkey) Day!

So much for keeping the dog off the couch.

What a nice long weekend. Did some knitting, but more important, spent time with family and friends and did what family's do best - EAT EAT EAT!

Check out Heather's blog at "A Family Life". She has a great idea for some charitable knitting. Follow a simple pattern and use up some old stash to knit a bear for some kids in Jamaica. Visit her blog to see how to get involved.

And now for some socks. . .

(Middle Sock)
Pattern: basic sock - CO 60
Needles: US size 2
Yarn:
Schachenmayr Nomotta Regia Avenue Color (mom bought it for me in Germany)
Color: Mexico 1118
Size: women's 8/9

Sock on the left:
Pattern: my own (CO 48)
Yarn:
Marks & Kattens Clown
Needle: US 2
Size: Child 6/8 yrs

Blue sock:

Pattern: my own (CO 48)
Yarn: Online Supersocke 100
Color: Holiday - turquoise
Size: Child 6/8 yrs

And yes . . . I broke my yarn diet, but only to purchase yarns for Holiday gifts. So technically, that doesn't count.


Also, I thought this was very interesting. It's a friend's blog entry regarding Christmas Pudding. I never really knew what it was all about. Check it out!
So sorry for the boring post. I'll try harder next week.

5 comments:

PJS said...

Hey.... glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving. How many of you were there altogether?

Technical question, but on the blue sock was it self striping yarn? And did you rib the heel? Really into this sock lark. I have a pattern and I am itching for my new yarn to arrive for it.

Leo is looking very gorgeous on the couch, his coat is so shiney. What did he make of thanksgiving?

Guinifer said...

How's the puppy potty training going? Is he starting to calm down a little? We never had couch issues - could be cause he was gated away from the sitting furniture and then he went to hunting camp.

marit said...

Not boring at all:-)
Great socks!
And thanks for the Christmaspuddinglink- I've read about it in Agatha Christie's books (mystery of the Christmaspudding- or tales of the plumpudding or whatever) but never knew what it was...

Felicia said...

Ooh! Those socks look tasty!

Lorraine said...

Christmas gift yarn never counts as breaking the yarn diet. Kind of like the calories of a candy bar not counting if you eat it standing up and while drinking a diet soda.