Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Christmas Presents that WERE.


I really didn't get much knitting done in time for Christmas. Isn't that the way of things . . .


However, I managed to send off this Clapotis to my BFF who moved to Texas without me.Let's see. I used a US size 7 and the yarn is Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton & Silk - Hand Paint. It's a soft as butter, by the way. I did not get a great picture, so I'm hoping my beautiful pal will take an amazing picture of her wearing it so I can post it here! hint hint

And then there were the dish rags which one can knit while watching Heroes or Dexter or Lost . . . which starts soon.


I used a US 9 and some of that cotton yarn you can buy at Micheal's Craft Store. The one in the middle is a solid purple and a mixed yarn held together to make a sort of hot pad. If I did it again, I'd go down a needle size or so to make it a bit tighter and I'd make the hot pad bigger.

TTFN


ps. oh, that baby sweater? As soon as I publish this post, I'm going to finish it. I'm on the last button band! Can you believe it? And yes, it is knit sideways. I'll post the details here soon!!!

2 comments:

Tahra said...

I love the little charm that you tied around the dishrags. Any chance you'll spill on where you found it?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous clapotis!! So pretty!! Great gifts!