Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holidazzle

It is a dark and quiet morning. The kids are still sleeping and I'll be waking them soon for their last day of school in 2009. There are only a few days until Christmas. There is a savage snowstorm moving in soon and all is peaceful. There is still much do to - wrap up the last gifts, clean the house, bake and cook - but for now, I'm enjoying this quiet moment. Happy holidays and merry Christmas. Take a minute for yourself to just sit and enjoy the season.

These are pictures from the Minneapolis Hollidazzle parade. It marches down Nicollet Avenue every night for several weeks each Christmas season. It's your typical parade with the exception that everything is covered in Christmas lights, including the people volunteering to be in the parade.

There are people inside those Christmas bulbs. These were a favorite.
Heh heh. Even public transportation was decked out. It is getting dark around 4:30 now, so what a treat for our pale eyes!

7 comments:

livnletlrn said...

what a cool parade!

Neuroknitter said...

That is an awesome parade!! I heart that bus!!

Merry Christmas, my friend!! I hope you have a joyous and peaceful holiday season!! :)

Anne Marie said...

That parade looks amazing! Kids must love it. I would.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Caroline said...

Rani, I'm going to send you a real note, but had to tell you that I received your yarn today. You shouldn't have apologized though for waiting a bit to send it when you're the one giving away free stuff:)!! I love it, and I will give it a good home. For now, it is in my knitting basket, but I'm thinking it needs to turn in to some gloves for my daughter, who has recently admitted that she loves pink almost as much as I do. Thanks again!!

Guinifer said...

How cold was your trip downtown this year?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

How awesome is that parade!! Wishing you all a very, very merry Christmas!

Caffeine Girl said...

Wow, Minneapolis really knows how to do up a holiday!