Saturday, December 19, 2009

He's gonna find out who's naughty . . .

Destashing is like going on a cold-turkey diet. It just doesn't work! So of all things, I bought some more roving. It's called Vixen the Reindeer and it's Wensleydale wool. I have no idea what that is, but I loved the name and the color. Think I'm going to spin it into a single ply and then knit a Lacey Baktus (rav link) for myself.

You can purchase your own lovely reindeer colorway over at Sheepish Creation. 4.3 ounces for $15 - not with shipping.

6 comments:

livnletlrn said...

I just got a little skipped beat feeling in my chest when I saw the beautiful colors in your roving. Enjoy!

PJS said...

I have to say, I love the lacy Baktus, it's one I've been thinking about doing for a while now. Looking forward to seeing your spun wool.

Guinifer said...

I love the golds/browns in there...

Kathleen said...

I've never spun Wensleydale, but what I know is that it's a long wool. Typically, Wensleydale is used for outergarments, not being as soft or non-scratchy as merino or some of the other shorter fibers. It's known for it's beautiful luster and is very hard-wearing. If you don't like it, sent it to me! I've been wanting to try some!

Heather said...

Oh my, that braid is awesome! Yummy, yummy, yummy!

:O)

Willow said...

Yes, that is beautiful roving! Don't you know that buying roving doesn't count toward your knitting stash? It might count toward a fiber stash, but let's not go there.

The package arrived today, Monday! Thank you Thank you Thank you! I am so pleased and excited! I'm amazed that you would share your stash. It was like getting a Christmas present.

Merry Christmas!