Monday, December 14, 2009

Hellooooooo out there!

I am still here. And for those of you who requested yarn, I have your addresses and yarn I'll eventually get off my duff and mail those to you. I have not forgotten!!

Knitty has their new winter issue out and I was tickled by a few. Especially one that was meant to show off off the random think and think spinning I've been trying out. It's a sweater called King of Confidence. I want to show you a picture, but it's from Knitty's website and I'm pretty sure that kind of borrowing is not allowed. . . (anyone? anyone?)

There is a sock pattern for
handspun yarn, too! Although I think that a Noro sock yarn would work, too . . . but I've sworn that off forever...

AND believe it or not, I have been looking for a hot water bottle cover and lo and behold - there is a penguin knitting pattern for exactly that!

OK. That's all. I know I've been gone. I am still working on a certain teeny sweater for my niece and something else for my BF, but it can't be shown until after Christmas.

Happy Holidays!

7 comments:

livnletlrn said...

I'm not usually excited by Knitty's patterns, but there are about four that jumped out at me this time.

Just what I need. heh.

wildtomato said...

I cannot wait to see what you're knitting! Happy holidays to you, too!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Hope you are enjoying the holidays!! Keep knitting on those secret projects!!

I loved the new knitty too!

Anne Marie said...

Happy holidays Rani! Knit & be safe. Enjoy these upcoming days of family time.

Warm hugs!

PJS said...

Hey.... Miss you blogging, but figured you have been busy with christmas prep. I have to say, I absolutely love the king of confidence cardigan, it's lovely, do you think it's an easy knit? I never knitted a yolk before. hope you are having fun, keep yourselves warm!

Guinifer said...

That K of C sweater would suit you perfectly!

Leslie said...

Oh, the penguin is adorable! Hope you get the knitting done with some time to spare :-)