Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Daily Fiber

Well, I did it. I finished my Lacy Baktus. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It was a fast easy knit and the yarn was delicious. I already posted the specs HERE, so I won't bother with it again. I was too excited to wait for tomorrow to get a sunlit picture, so these blurry evening pics will have to do for now.
Then there is the new nasty habit of spinning. I must say, three times a charm. The first spun fiber was a gloppy mess. The second was a mixture of thick and thin. This third try is spinning up wonderfully consistent. It's a sock weight at this point, but I may ply it together for a thicker yarn.


Thank you for your funny and kind comments about Leo the pup. Today he ate a paper plate with bbq sauce and I just ignored the whole thing. I think this will be life with Leo.

Must go - we are watching Lord of the Rings (the first one) with the boys.

13 comments:

livnletlrn said...

I can't figure out which to ooh over more -- the sunshiny baktus, the spectacular colors of that roving, or the long movie providing plenty of knitting time!

Michelle said...

YAY for spinning! Looks GREAT! I love the baktus too...the colours are so beautiful!

Neuroknitter said...

OH my!! Look at that lovely, sunny Baktus! Gorgeous!!

Your spinning is outstanding! That fiber is tres yummy! I can't wait to see what you knit from it.

I hope you enjoyed the flick! :)

Senja said...

Pretty color choice for the baktus I love how it looks on you:)

Loving the Leo stories especially when they turn out alright.

PJS said...

wow your handpun looks absolutely great!... cant wait to see what it looks like knit up. I already told you that your baktus is gorgeous....I still havnt finished mine.

wildtomato said...

I love your Lacy Baktus! I've been thinking about knitting a cowl, but perhaps this will do? I need something that won't fall off at the climbing gym.

I agree that we should make a pact to finish up our cardigans. What should be our finish date? I could use a partner!

Guinifer said...

Such a nice shot of summery color!

Tiffani said...

BEAUTIFUL! Is that for your BFF's birthday? January 26th!!!!!!!!

marit said...

Love the Baktus! I've just knit an ordinary one- and almost went nuts!!! Never could remember when to do the increasing-LOL!

Great spinning too.

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

Gorgeous! Both the scarf and the yarn.

Caroline said...

I must start spinning. You do such beautiful work.

Baby niece is darling!! ...and the sweater is cute too!

cupcakefaerie said...

Oh, such gorgeous handspun! I just got a wheel--really, just put it together--and I totally s*ck. I'm hoping the third time is a charm for me too. Although, not holding my breath since the first time is looking really bad. :)

Love the Baktus and the color.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Such a pretty pretty scarf!! Just love that sunny color!

I know not of this spinning and fiber. I shall resist! hehehe Yours is lovely though :)