Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 4: Diary of a Wimp

Days to Birkie: 29

I WILL exercise today. I promise. I called my girlfriend yesterday and we decided that at noon today, we would ski together. She's not answering her phone and I'm secretly relieved. BUT, I will take Senja's advice and do something aerobic anyway. Inside. Alone.

I'm not the only one who is engaging in winter outdoor sports. I took a drive out here on the ice

to watch my hubby (guy with white helmet) play some pond hockey. (they lost)
And I've been spinning (to avoid exercising) and I'm really pleased with the results. Spindle yarn - fairly consistent and a whopping 108 yards and still - half of the roving to spin!
Ok. No more complaining (for today). I am off to exercise.

7 comments:

cupcakefaerie said...

Your spinning looks gorgeous. If only I could spin that well with my spindle...one day. :)

Brrr...it does look cold there. I'm a total CA weather wimp. Happy exercising!

PJS said...

Well your spinning looks fantastic, well done, its gorgeously even and the colours looks great. I wont ask what you are going to knit with it just yet as I know how busy you are training for the little race you have coming up ;-)

livnletlrn said...

Nice yarn!

My whacko guys are on their way out for a day of ice fishing. I might bundle up and walk a couple of miles later this morning, but otherwise I'll be cozy inside, with the wood stove and some wool.

marit said...

Here in Norway spinning is actually exercising...;-), just take a look:

Love the colours of your spinning!

Heather said...

Awesome yarn you're making there!!

:O)

picperfic said...

that yarn is beautiful, what fibre is it?

Kathleen said...

Hoky smokes! Your spindling looks so good! Good luck with the skiing...I'm dying of heat and sweating to death...send snow...send snow...send snow...