Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Góðan daginn

Good Morning!  Look what I found at the
Ely Blueberry Festival Art Fair.
They're actually Icelandic! 
Made by a nice lady and her husband -
their company is Northwoods Sleigh Co.
and they have loads of Scandinavian things.

Knitting News: I'm having fun watching
Elizabeth Zimmerman's workshop. (DVD) I would even recommend it to experienced knitters (and beginners).
She's delightful. Here is the hat that I made
along with her instructions.
I can't finish it because I don't have size 5 double pointed needles, yet. But I am really impressed with how easy color knitting is. I thought it would be a nightmare. I'm not a fast knitter and this hat only took two days. These would make great Christmas gifts.

Specs:
Pattern: Elizabeth Zimmerman's Color Pattern Hat from her Workshop DVD
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino Wool
Needles: US size 5

4 comments:

Guinifer said...

Those are so retro looking - very cute!

marit said...

Gòdan daginn-ertu vìrkilega med íslenska stafirnar à tölvunni thinni??? The couple looks great-so does your hat!

Lorraine said...

So cool! Love the little guys. And the hat. I'd love to see the video. Where'd you get it?

Anonymous said...

What adorable characters!