Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Autumn has begun in Northern Minnesota. It was a chilly, beautiful weekend. That did not stop the kids from swimming. . . sigh . . . I remember those days! How old does one feel when they prefer to sit and knit while there is still swimming to be had! Oh well, as all knitters know - when the cold winds start to blow, the craving for wool and needles is very strong.I stumbled upon a new "I WANNA MAKE ONE OF THOSE" projects to add to my ever growing list. I found the Koigu Babette Blanket here at Wound Too Tight. (Don't look if you don't want to add another project to your list!) Here is a picture of the blanket from Interweave Magazine. (used without permission) I take back any nasty things I may have said about crochet!
Non-knitting - every time I go up north, I look at this trim and think "Stain it green." What do you think. Our whole cabin is this pine color. I'm thinking that by posting this on my blog, I will be motivated to actually act on this whim. It's always scary to start something that can't be deleted, though.

This is what my oldest did all weekend, beside swim. Seeing my kids read is one of the most tranquil and happy scenes I can imagine! He's 8 and the book has already been read about 4 times since last week. It's called "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" and I haven't read it yet, but my 8 year old HIGHLY recommends it!
Oh, and Happy Anniversary K! (It's our 10th year!) He looked at me the other day and said, "What would you like to do for our tenth." At the exact same time, I said, "PARIS!" and he said, "CAMPING IN THE BOUNDARY WATERS!"

Paris is not in the budget, so Boundary Waters, here we come. Sigh. Someone told me to build a wooden effigy of the Eiffel Tower and burn in on our campfire, but since there is a fire ban, I won't even be able to do that. Maybe we'll make crepes over the camp stove . . . hmmmmm.
Thanks for the flowers! They're lovely! (and not from Cub)

6 comments:

Guinifer said...

Yea - I get flowers from the grocery store all the time. sigh.

Okay - your window - I would choose a contrasting color - get out a color wheel if you have one. There's so much green, if you want to stick with the tree theme - I'd go with the color of the tree trunk or a pine cone. (This is the scrapbooker inside of me speaking.)

Leslie said...

Looks like you had a fun time! I can't imagine cool weather...we are still in the mid-90s with heat indexes around 100+. Hope you enjoy your anniversary!

Lorraine said...

What is worse, I have to pay the credit card bill that shows which grocery store they came from. The dozen red roses this year came from Byerlys.

Maybe barn red for the window trim? Contrast is good! And it will be cheery if you happen to be up there in the winter.

renee said...

Happy Anniversary!! Those are indeed lovely flowers! I am going to crochet a Babette too. I've gathered most of the yarn - just need one more color/skein. Mine won't be the great bright colors of the original, but I think it'll still be nice. And much cheaper than all of that Koigu!

acromant said...

Great blanket, lovely socks, and great flowers, no matter where they came from!

Happy Anniversary!

marit said...

Happy anniversary! I love the photo of your son reading- I have(at least sometimes...)4 lying on their beds doing the same thing! My 10-year old fell in love with the Judy Moody- books by Megan McDonald, she's got all of them during this last year, and they are hilarious!
Painting? hmmm, not my cup of tea...but getting a colour into all that pine would probably not be such a bad idea! Pine is used a lot around here, and it can be too much-sigh-although hubby doesn't always agree with me on that one-LOL!