Monday, August 6, 2007

Out with the trash . . .

Welcome back from the weekend. We spent some time Up North with family - a quiet, peaceful weekend of swimming and s'mores and just appreciating the time we have together.

I got Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Workshop from the library and started my first bit of color pattern knitting. It will be a little "cap" (as she calls them). I think it will be too small for any one of my kids, since I didn't check the gauge, but I'm sure there is some little head out there that will take to this hat quite well.
Also, my beautiful red Jitterbug yarn went out with the trash (a terrible accident) . . . along with my i-pod - a result of carrying my things around in re-used plastic bags. The yarn was going to be used for my Hogwarts sock swap, but as it was 100% wool and my secret pal has an aversion to that, it will turn out for the best. I found some cotton Meilenweit, instead in gold, scarlet and maroon, so here is a sneak peak at my "Gryffindor Tower" socks:
Finally, I thought this was pretty cool. I had never seen a baby loon in person. This little family was paddling around our cabin!

On Wednesday, I'll give an update on my Monkey Socks (whoopee-ding) and I'll do a better job at linking and giving pattern and picot edging info. I'm in a hurry! Off to the zoo.

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh NO! How upsetting it must have been.

I guess I'll need to whip you up a little sock knitting bag, next.

;-D

acromant said...

:O)!!

You-Know-Who LIKEY the socks!

I'm sorry to hear about the Jitterbug!!!! I'd be devastated!

:O)

Guinifer said...

I do love the loonies...

Your "Tower" sock is gorgeous - but what a shame about the Jitterbug!

Kathleen said...

I love listening to loons. I visited Michigan a couple of times (in the Alpena area) and got to hear the loons in the evenings. Lovely! What a disappointment to have your yarn sent out with the trash, but Gryffindor Tower looks great from where I'm sitting!