Friday, October 12, 2007

Autumn

I wish I could really capture how bright the sugar maples are glowing right now. Those of you who live here know what I mean. Wow.This is one of the views from my computer.

Spent some time at the Arboretum. Belle did a lot of running and imagining - she was Pocahontas. I managed to find a bench along the way.Where were the boys?
Here they are:

I have three projects going now, which means that progress on all will be slow.

#1: A pair of socks
Specs:
Pattern: Child's First Sock from Nancy Bush's Vintage Socks
Yarn: Sweet Wool from the Sweet Sheep in Vampire
Needles: US size 2 (2.5 mm)

#2: Another EZ February Sweater in organic cotton - pale pink for a friends 'new arrival'
Specs:
Elizabeth Zimmerman's February Baby Sweater from her Knitters Almanac
Yarn: Organic Cotton (bought at Knit Wits)
Needles: US size 5
Should fit a 6-12 month.

#3: A basic wool "Watch Hat".
Specs: Galway worsted weight wool
Needles: US size 6
K2, P2
CO 100 (should fit a man's head or size large)

A silly story:

While standing in line for lunch, I noticed a strange scarf on the man in front of us. Upon further inspection . . . well, take a look for yourself:Yup. It's a sock! We laughed like little school girls (mom and I) and fussed and giggled over whether or not we should tell him. Mom, bless her heart, recovered herself and promptly and courteously removed the stray sock and informed the owner and his wife. The wife was pleased to have finally found the sock she had been missing since last spring, and the husband was recollecting his morning at a grandchild's soccer game in which nobody said anything. Good job mom! A model of maturity (I'm still giggling!)

10 comments:

Guinifer said...

How embarrassing for him! Nice ladies!

You have been a busy knitter! I love your Bush sock - I'm brushing up the callouses on my sock fingers.

Anonymous said...

The socks look great, and the sweater is beautiful! I too am laughing at the poor man with the sock/scarf.

marit said...

I love the autumn colours!!! And boys way up in a tree- sounds quite normal to me-LOL! Nice knitting too- I've got the EZ-book, and would really like to give that babysweater a try, it is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Great Photos!! I miss the changing of the leaves. It is just too hot & dry here for us to see much of that.

Also, the socks are looking fabulous.

Heather said...

What LOVERLY socks!!! You've been very busy. I am amazed at how much everyone else knits! I gotta get rid of this dang job!!! :O)

Felicia said...

Your fall color is beautiful!

PJS said...

*giggle* very good, I have to say, I wouldnt have been able to compose myself.

Linda said...

Thank you for the comment x I love the pictures, it takes me back to childhood, running through the leaves!

Lorraine said...

You only have 3 projects on needles!?! Wow, wish I was as self-restrained.

The autumn photos are stunning. Where'd you find the sun? This rainy, cloudy weather has me blue.

I've got to try one of those baby sweaters. We have a couple little ones coming at church. Gotta find the mojo!

Kathleen said...

That sock story reminds me of the time my ex-husband pulled a pair of pants out of the dryer and went to work with a pair of my underwear stuck to the back of his leg. Not a soul said anything to him. He had no idea until he saw it in the mirror in the men's room. Talk about static cling...