Monday, October 8, 2007

Falling

Yes. I will talk about knitting today. But first, I spent almost 2 hours trying to find this damn song. I heard it in Florida last week on the radio. It was the first time I'd heard it since I was 8 years old and it immediately brought me back to our huge station wagon with faux wood paneling and my mom singing this as she drove. CLICK HERE for (hopefully) a trip down memory lane!

I finished my "Waterfall" socks. Fast, fun knit and the socks are incredibly warm.Specs:
Pattern: "Waterfall" by Miss Babs (Babs Ausherman)
(available at Wool Girl)

Yarn: Miss Babs Yummy 100% Superwash Sport Weight - 3 ply - 255 yards/4 oz.
Colorway: "Waterfall"

Special Notes: This pattern and yarn were the first shipment of the Wool Girl sock club. Click here to see all the yummies that came in the package.

Needles: Size US 3 (I used magic loop)

Next: I cast on with my Sweet Socks yarn "Vampire".Pattern: Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern (this is actually an adult size)
By: Nancy Bush "Knitting Vintage Socks"I think they'd make great wrist warmers! I may have to try to make something like this for Christmas gifts. We'll see. Also, I was inspired to make these socks by
this blog.

5 comments:

Guinifer said...

Your Waterfall socks turned out great! I've got three pair on the needles right now, maybe I'll cast Miss Babs on next.

Lorraine said...

Awesome socks, oh bronzed one! The fit looks fabulous. The yarn looks so yummy, too. Maybe my sock mojo will get the hint and come back to me.

picperfic said...

love the vampire yarn....your socks look lovely!

my word verication....fanglla! Just right for vampire yarn socks!

Anonymous said...

Your socks are awesome!

Anonymous said...

I realize this is October, but I have a question about those elves you had pictured in your August posting. Can you reveal where to get the pattern those cute little guys?