Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Wow and and the Bow Wow

I was starting to think that I had enough stitchery projects on my plate when, lo and behold, the Holiday Vogue Knitting magazine arrived in my mailbox. Some of the projects were . . . how can I say this politely. . . bizarre.Not sure what that is, but I do know that if I spent $$ and hours on this thing, I would want it to NOT look like a big mistake. This might look good on Bjork, maybe? Again, I'm just not quite sure I know what that is.

There were some gems in the magazine. For example, I gasped when I saw this:
I must have this. And since I probably won't be able to recruit someone to make it for me, I Might attempt to knit this myself. It's a big commitment for a girl who has never made anything bigger than a (no seam) baby sweater. My goal is to wear this NEXT winter. I even like the color they chose. Isn't it gorgeous!?

6 comments:

Guinifer said...

Oh my goodness, the SEAMING! And, um, the ugliness?

Anonymous said...

I thought the new Vogue knitting was a bit bizarre as well.

I LOVE your fall pictures!! They are great.

PJS said...

ah hahaha.... oh my goodness!!! what is that thing. Looks like someone got carried away swatching... and then some, finished off spectacularly with what looks like a stitch-holder. Its actually painful to look at.

On the other hand.... the other one is just lovelly.

Dr. B. said...

That is a stunning long coat. I'd bet it would be good for a first "big" project. Except for the button/button-hole situation. That scares me.

The other thing? Sign me up. I'm gonna wear that to work tomorrow! Right?!

Heather said...

Good to see you at the meeting. Will you be a regular here? I'm a yarnaholic, too!

And don't worry - more fibery goodness is on your way - the end of our little swap is fast approaching, don't forget!!!

:O)

Anne Marie said...

I love this yellow leafs photo. So many layers. The long coat is really a gem. Are you thinking about making it?