Monday, October 22, 2007

Welcome Autumn

Are you sick of my fall pictures yet? Well, I won't be flaunting our Northwood feathers come November - when the words gray and dull describe the landscape palette. This time of year is really a swan-song for the hardwoods.

I'm knitting up some socks with my new, yummy yarn, "Welcome Autumn" - Painted Skeins. The socks are called Nod-to-Neuro because her socks inspire me. But I could also call them Sugar Maples because they perfectly match the trees surrounding our house. The pattern is Sleepwalker by Monica Nappe.I've abandoned my other projects to finish these socks - that's how much I love the yarn/color. If I ever get my hands on some Yarntini, I'll be happy to do a comparison - as the Painted Skeins seems easier to come by . . . for now.Picot edge inspired by Neuroknitter.

9 comments:

PJS said...

beautiful wool. You really do have good taste. As for the picot edging.... I ignore that on patterns when I see it. I havnt the energy usually by the end of the patterns to finish nicely.

PJS said...

oh yeah.... I'd give you a slice of the weekend, but I dont think it would make it over to you.... at least, the tiramisu wont.

Guinifer said...

I am so off to download that pattern! Those are some gorgeous socks!

Lorraine said...

I LOVE that yarn. It perfectly matches the sugar maple in our front yard. Glorious!

I guess I'll have to download the pattern, too. It's so pretty and it may be the mojo motivator for socks. Although, some fall colored yarn may help, too.

marit said...

I love your view!
The socks are nice too, nad the fall colours- but that view? Stunning!

Anonymous said...

No, No, I love your Fall pictures!!!

And I LOVE that yarn! I'm so jealous, there is none left. The socks are looking so good.

Felicia said...

Your fall color is beautiful!

Kathleen said...

awesome colors in both the forest and the socks!

Wool Girl said...

These are so gorgeous Rani! Wow! They match the trees perfectly! Love your picot edge too - it's perfect!