Monday, January 14, 2008

Mornin' . . . blech.

Dang! It was so hard getting out of bed this morning! I love Minnesota, but some of these cold dark mornings are hard on the body. Even the kids protested more than usual when we woke them for school. It's about -4 F, clear and cold. Crunchy snow day. Too cold for a walk to the mailbox with Prince of Poopness (puppy). By the way, he is accident free now for 5 days!
Hubby setting up new dog kennel -
Leo playing with the box it came in.Another "puppy" playing in her box.

OK, so on to knitting. I immediately broke my pledge to start no new projects until my current deals were closed, but as any obsessive knitter/person knows, that is fairly impossible to do.

I went to buy a new "Fiber Trends - Felted Clog" pattern from the knitting store . . . the dog ate mine - no kidding. And low and behold, I found another kit for Norwegian mittens - bought it and cast on ASAP. (I also lost the pattern for my Ladies Mitts - grrrrrrrr).Mystery Orange Socks - so so cute but a tad bit tedious.
Pattern: Little Pumpkin Socks by Sabine Ruppert
(if you can't open this link, google "little pumpkin socks sabine ruppert" and it will take you to a pdf download.)

Hubby's Voyageur Boot SocksMy own pattern (but I totally copied Hanna Anderson's socks).

- And Sew It Is asked, "Did your hubby let you off your yarn diet?"

Not exactly. I received some "funding" for Christmas!

ALERT:
Noro Sock yarn at Knit Wits in Chanhassen. One word: yuck. It's beautiful yarn with an unfortunate texture for socks. Very scratchy and coarse.

12 comments:

Leslie said...

Love the boot socks! And I agree about those cold mornings...too hard to get out of a cozy bed.

Senja said...

I'm really liking your orange socks. Sounds cold there, its 8 F here today colder than its been but not fidgid. Cute puppy in the box:)

Senja said...

Iam really liking youre orange socks, can't wait to see them finished. I like your puppy in the box, she's a cutie!

Guinifer said...

Just be glad that little guy can walk around, cuz' carrying them outside to do their "job" can get reallllly tiring!

I like all of your socks. I am in totally agreement on the Noro sock yarn - I bought none of it.

Anonymous said...

I REALLY like the orange socks!! And, I look forward to wearing them:) Yep, I am the pain the butt friend who has been calling Rani on my birthday for the past 20+ years...
Now, for the National Holiday - come on! that's a GREAT idea:)

PJS said...

So.... just another day in the life of Rani eh? the new mitts pattern looks good. You finish socks in no time so you can be forgiven for starting another project.

With regards to my 'lost in translation' its the drops top from the post before (was going to put link here but it was long and ugly)

keep your toes warm!

PS... woo hoo for christmas funding !

PJS said...

So.... :) just another day in the life of Rani eh? I love the 'puppys' pink pjs. The new mitts pattern looks good. You finish socks in no time so you can be forgiven for starting another project.

With regards to my 'lost in translation' its the drops top from the post before (was going to put link here but it was long and ugly)

keep your toes warm!

Neuroknitter said...

mew, mew...Max says "Hi" back!

Your socks are really coming along...talk about speedy!! ;)They look great! I need to check out the Little Pumpkin Socks pattern...very autumnal!!!

cksknitter said...

Hi, I just ran across your blog. I also shop at Knit Wits in Chanhassen. I think Mary was surprised when I actually wanted to buy a skein of the Noro sock yarn. It's really not that bad. It softens up a lot as you knit it and it's not uncomfortable on my foot at all. If you would like, I could e-mail you a photo.

Wool Girl said...

I'm really LOVING your orange socks! WOW! Man oh man, I need me some of those!

I agree on the cold morning thing too...I just dread this weather. We are getting such cold weather right now here in Oregon (cold for us but warm for you!) It's 34 deg here, nothing close to -4 deg! Yikes! My body would not do well in that weather!

Happy Knitting Rani!

Rani said...

attn: CSKknitter - I don't know how else to get ahold of you. Do you have a blog? I was just at knit wits and Mary said the exact same thing - that once the Noro sock is knit up, it feels better. The colors are gorgeous! I'd love to see a picture!!! I've been waiting for that yarn to come out . . . maybe. . . JUST MAYBE, i'll test the waters.

Thanks for your comment,
Rani

Kathleen said...

I like the look of the black, white, and red. That was a mitten? Gorgeous colors.

Puppies of all kinds find fun in boxes, don't they :o) Congratulations on being accident-free for almost a week! I wish I could have said the same when Celeste was that age. We are just 3 months now as a completely poop-free household. Some heads are just denser than others. Or maybe the "I'm the princess - you're the servant" thing took longer to get over than I expected it too. :o\