Monday, January 7, 2008

The Curse - Revisited

Those socks are Hanna Anderson socks for $12.50

My version is below - skein was $10.50 plus endless (and apparently unending) hours of labor. Doesn't that make you mad. And mine are not without the infamous 'husband-sock' curse. (Remember Chocosocks?!) This time, Leo-the-Prince-of-Poo grabbed my knitting and terrorized it for several minutes before I caught on.

1. He ripped out the needle.
grrrrrrrrrrr2. See those little snags on that wire. That is my circular needle - trashed. The yarn snags horribly on those little snags. 3. He managed to create a huge mass of snarl and knot with the skein of yarn. Pulling the yarn to knit has because a process of tortured tedium. The curse is back!Alas, I will persevere! I managed to pick up the stitches - no easy task, mind you! And I knit on . . .By the way, my blog has become a monotonous sock knitting extravaganza. So I am going to try a few new projects. A sweater for my Belle and my first pair of Norwegian mittens. . . (I lost the pattern! GAH). More on those later. First, I have a few pair of socks to finish, so bear with me.

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

LOL - I'm having the same problem with little Harley trying to eat, chew, toss and chase my yarn and needles. Those adorable little demons can be such an adventure.

Heather said...

*giggle* that is why I have fish... oh, that and my allergies. Socks for the hubby prove true love, especially when one must overcome obstacles bigger than man-size feet! I don't mind your beautiful socks, but since I have girl-envy, I am looking forward to a beautiful girly sweater! Yea! 2008!

Guinifer said...

Ooooh - and Ozzie ran off with my dpn's in progress on the Hourglass Sweater - Luckily I was able to sand 'em a little so they wouldn't cause a problem.

PJS said...

Oh NO!!! you have my complete sympathy... thankfully my mutt has moved on to chewing things other than knitting, like the special jug to fill my iron and my expensive double sided tape, not to mention my mans brand new italian leather shoes....

Looking forward to seeing your new projects. Your patience with socks is certainly impressive and you make such a good job of them. You should try that red vogue caridgan as your new year project.... give you something new and you get to appreciate it at the end...

Neuroknitter said...

Gasp!! But he's soo cute!! You've seen my challenges with Gibson, LOL! Max (his brother) feels that all knit items are not wearable unless they have been covered in kitty saliva! You should see the tape measure...gauge is a guess in my household! :)

Other projects are great, but please oh please don't stop knitting socks!! You create beautiful socks!! You've done a fine job recovering your Leo-loved socks!!