Friday, January 25, 2008

Lots of Goodies for my Goody Bags!

I love my puppy, but I needed a new title picture because my blog was looking so cold. My fingers are stiff as I type this. Brrrrrr.

I've become so excessive with buying yarn that I'm not even going to try and justify this one for you. I bought some Noro sock yarn from The Loopy Ewe. I'll let you know what I think.

And I couldn't resist this:DK Knits "Molly Ringwald" - Monochrome Toes - Bought @ ETSY

(please, God, don't let my husband see this!)

Felted Clogs: I griped and complained about these so much that I decided to cast on for another pair. Cuz that's the kind of girl I am. Here are Belle's slippers, but I think they're already going to be too small.Specs:
Pattern: Fiber Trends Felted Clogs (adult pattern and child pattern)
Yarn: Galway Worsted Weight 100% Wool
Needles: US #13
And they felted up fabulously! (and they fit)

My warm cozy scarf. I may felt a pair of mittens to match. We'll see.

***************
As some of you may remember, I have a great friend who's birthday I NEVER remember. Well - HA HA! This year I DO remember (it's tomorrow). SO! I have 1 day left to finish these socks for her.
It's not going to happen.

They won't be on time. But then, that would be in keeping with tradition . . . missing her birthday, that is. Besides, she probably won't wear these until next October, when they'll actually be fashionable again.

And the Voyageur socks for my man? They're still here. Sitting on the floor in a Ziploc baggy. You see, I've decided I must make some felted bags and buckets to put everything into, so I may have to put off my current projects a little further. Completely justified of course; one can't keep entering Ziploc baggies all the time.

And so, thanks to my enabling friends (this time, Dr. B), I will be spending more of my children's college funds for some yarn to make these:Felted Bucket by Julie Weisenberger (Cocoknits.com)

AND these:
Booga Bag by Julie Anderson

9 comments:

Bertha said...

Holy crap I LOVE those felted buckets!

Senja said...

Wow you have lots of goodies to share today! Love your scarf and those buckets are Awesome! I'll have to make a few I think. I can always count on you to enable my inner obsessive knitter:)

Guinifer said...

Man - you are busy! I've got to say, I've loved my Booga bags.

Anonymous said...

Wait, we have to justify yarn purchases?? What is up with that crap??

I love Becky over at DkKnits. I'm in her yarn club and love it. I just extended for the rest of the year.

Have you seen the cute loafers on Cocoknits??

PJS said...

Hey the felted cloggs came out perfect! I hope mine felt as well as yours. They are huge before they felt. Those buckets are great, good solution to the problem.

Hope your got your friends socks finished. :)

Wool Girl said...

Those felted buckets are so darn cute! YOU are the enabler girl! Oh, and the DK knits is fantastic! Love her yarn! I am hoping we can carry that this spring! :)

Caroline said...

I have been overdoing the yarn lately too. I think it's blogging that making it worse. I see other people giving in like I want to, and I think it's OK to get just one more skein:)

The pink clogs will be darling, and I totally LOVE the felted buckets too.

Strikkelise said...

I love your scarf.
I also love reading about other people's excessive yarn buying, it lets me feel that I'm allowed, too :)

Heather said...

With all that knitting flying off your needles, how can your fingers still be cold!

:O)