Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Time to Knit


Remember these funny little slippers? Well, here they are finished. They are a really great knit. These slippers are very sturdy, hardy little things. (Fiber Trends Felted Clogs)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
After reading
A Bag Of Olives, I made some soup based on her recipe. She wrote this fabulous narrative about making her soup out of things she had around the kitchen. So I wrote down her recipe, ran to my kitchen and made due with what I had.

First, I sauteed some onions, added some garlic and Italian sausage (I didn't have chorizo). No white wine, so I opened a bottle of red, poured some in the pan ( poured even more into my glass), added chopped carrot, cooked rice, a can of tomatoes (no fresh tomatoes in Minnesota in January) a box of chicken broth and voila - soup is served (with crusty bread). Thanks Kathleen!
It would be fun to hear about someone else taking this recipe to their own kitchen and seeing what kind of soup they create!


I have been asked, on more than one occasion, how I find time to knit and blog. The answer is a In a nutshell -

I find time to knit because I don't spend enough time doing this:
And if you really want a dose of honesty - I actually cleaned this room before I shot this picture. (By the way - those clothes are clean. Really . . . they are!)

Seriously, if you decide to blog, it is healthy to pick one day when you sit down, write your blog, check out your bloggy pals and respond to people. It usually takes a good morning and a couple cups of strong coffee and 'ta-dah' - your blogging. It's not something you have to do every day (unless you want to). Then turn off your computer and walk away! It can get addictive.

Knitting, on the other hand, takes time - but you can take it with you anywhere you go. The doctor's office, waiting for the bus, break-times at work, while watching the evening news (or again, I'll be shamelessly honest - American Idol or CSI Miami). If you are a "KNITTER" this is easy because when faced with the option of
a. reading good book
b. making dinner for your family
c. getting dressed and taking a shower
d. knitting
. . . the "KNITTER" will always pick D. ALWAYS. And so you see, it's just a matter of priorities and suddenly, one finds all the time in the world to knit.

6 comments:

Senja said...

I agree the knitter will always pick D. I have today.
Cute pink slippers!
My laundry room and living room are full of "clean" clothes too.

Lorraine said...

LOL - How typical we are! Housework? Not when there's a WIP around.

It's funny but I made soup yesterday that was a hodgepodge of spare ingredients. Potato shreds, onion/mushrooms sauteed together, carrots, celery seed, pepper, salt, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup and a spare can of Cheddar cheese soup, all tossed in the crock pot. The kids gobbled it up. Yum - nothing like soup when it's freezing out.

picperfic said...

so true and good advice but for now I'm knitting....

Neuroknitter said...

You've just been given a "You Make My Day" award from We Heart Yarn! Thank you for making my day!

Knitted Gems said...

I found your blog from We Heart Yarn.
Great post! The rug needs to be vacuumed, the bed linens need to be changed, and laundry needs to be done. Of course, all I want to do is knit!

Heather said...

Your soup looks great. I call it refrigerator soup... really, cleaning out the refrigerator soup! And I "discovered" recently that a handful of parsley is awesome in most soups and a tablespoon of lemon juice at the very end is super fabulous... makes me want to clean the frige.