Monday, January 21, 2008

Oops I did it again (revised)

Thank you so much for all your advice on "Socks That Rock" yarn club. But again, I forgot that I had accidentally signed up, in fact, for two clubs already. Tee hee hee. So STR will have to wait until next year, darn it! (Woolgirl Sock Club 2008 and Seven Deadly S(p)ins) But your feedback was very enlightening!

Well, I promised I wouldn't start any more projects until I zipped other projects to completion. But it's -12 F, I'm cold, I wear a big ugly pink coat and have no scarf to wear with it. So here's my illegal, promise-breaking project.Noro Scarf (yes, another one - but this time I'm not giving it away). These knit up in no time, so technically, it's not really a project. Just a slight blip before I continue with these FUGLY things:These clogs are so dang tedious that if they don't felt up right, I will shave my head in an act of delirium. These also knit up quickly if you have a few hours of uninterupted knitting. (I don't.)

I found a better pattern for my Valentine sock yarn. CHECK THIS OUT!The pattern is "Hearts for Heide" by Wendy Johnson (sport weight). I bought the pattern from the Loopy Ewe but GAH - it's not available as a .pdf download, the pattern cost $5.00 and it was $5.25 for "shipping and handling". - I am editing this blog - The shipping probably won't be $5.25 - I'm waiting to hear back from The Loopy Ewe. That would be a relief! Thanks Guinifer and cksKnitter!

PS. The talented Dr. B said that DkKnits will occasionally have sock clubs where she personalizes the yarn for you based on a questionnaire. COOL!

8 comments:

Guinifer said...

I think you're in the better yarn clubs anyway. I also think TLE may charge you less shipping if all you ordered was patterns - I though Wendy posted something about it when she explained why she wasn't doing PDF's.

cksknitter said...

This is from TLE FAQ web page:
Q. I'm just ordering patterns. Must I still pay $5.95 for shipping?
A. When possible, we ship lighter orders (patterns, StitchKeepers, etc) in envelopes and will adjust your shipping rate down to the actual cost. In most cases it ends up being just $1 - 2. When you get notice that your order has shipped, you can go into your Loopy Ewe account and click on that order to see what the shipping ended up being.
---I would definitely send Sheri and e-mail about being charged $5.95 for shipping a pattern. They probably just got busy and forgot to change the shipping rate.

Anonymous said...

I love my DkKnits membership!!

Also, check out Cocoknits.com and look at the Malabrigo slippers. They are much cuter than the felted slippers!

PJS said...

Hey Rani, good news on the lower cost in shipping...*phew*

I love the slippers....lol.... i hope for your sake they felt properly too.

I am being patient and not casting on yet. as soon as I finish 'lost in translation' on go the socks, and the slippers

Senja said...

Oh I love that sock pattern for that yarn! Jealous!

HaHa don't shave your head if the slippers felt a bit too much, just hand them off to someone else and make another pair. I'm sure they will turn out though, just keep a good eye on them in the wash:) I didn't with my lastest felted hat and had to gift it. Too small:(

Neuroknitter said...

Great sock pattern for the yarn!! Those two clubs will be awesome; You won't be disappointed.

I love how you "accidentally" join these clubs and order kits...I'm going to have to try that approach!!

Kathleen said...

I really like the Hearts for Heide socks. Gorgeous pattern for your yarn, too!

I am in no clubs. Maybe one day. So far, I've only tried to participate in swap thing, and I sent and never received, so I'm put off a bit by that. Maybe they don't want to pay the international postage.

Lorraine said...

I've made 13 pairs of those "fugly" things and they all turned out. But I did hang out in the laundry room the whole time they were felting. I loved mine to the point where I've worn through the soles and have to knit some new soles.

BTW, Bill C is doing a fabulous job. And our injured actor got 5 or 6 stitches and is making all kinds of jokes about pouring his blood, sweat and tears into the show. Good times!