Friday, June 22, 2007

Sockodrama

Have you ever felt that one of your knitting projects was cursed? Truly and undeniably cursed?

Here is my sad sad tale:

After starting the Choco-sock for the fourth and final time, this time testing my gauge, using the Jaywalker pattern (thanks Guinifer) and swearing I'll never frog this one again - fate stepped in.Luke Skywalker here, pulled the needles out to use as little light sabers. He needed more than one because "they were doing battle." #$&*(#@*%&$%*(*(@#&$

DON'T EVEN TRY TO ENCOURAGE ME TO PICK UP THE STITCHES AGAIN - I WON'T DO IT!

Plus, I have to drive by this development crap every day (used to be deep forest):

And I'm out of coffee.

*************
I am pausing all projects (fun kool-aid socks included) until these choco-socks are finished and Big K is wearing them - I don't care if it's 90 and humid - he's wearing them. I will reign supreme over the choco-socks. I will conquer and destroy.

6 comments:

Guinifer said...

That is one penitent looking little boy....as a matter of fact...I think I've seen that pose before...

Leslie said...

Sometimes ya just gotta walk away from the frustration! Treat yourself to somoething wonderful this weekend and get back to the dreaded socks next week.

Kathleen said...

It sounds like the Jedi knight needs some augmentation in the light saber department, heh. Who can blame a Jedi for doing what he can to defend himself, unless, of course there was a project on the saber at the time. Then, uuuuuffff...I've been there before, though, only it was a little worse. I remember when my 5 year old daughter wanted to see how an in-progress sweater (not hers) would fit her and pulled it off the knitting machine to try it on, couldn't find the neck opening, and so CUT a neck into the back of the sweater, with her kindergarten scissors. I trashed that project and started a new one.

Lorraine said...

OH MY! Is Luke Skywalker out of knitter's prison yet?

BTW, waiting for cable pics - mwahahaha!

Laura said...

Oh, Rani!
I'm so sorry..I knowhow it feels to have your needles pulled by a smallone! My nutter butter enjoys using them for drumsticks, and i've lost a monkey sock to them. I'll eventually pick it up again, but we'llsee when. I'm too icky feeling about it!

**BIG HUGS** for littles who feel that knitting needes are soemthing else than what they are!

Lorraine said...

Do not surrender to the Dark Side. May the Force be with you!