Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Paddlin' & Knittin'

This is what I did this weekend. Paddled. And your looking at the BWCA (Boundary Waters Canoe Area). Incredibly peaceful. I would have brought my knitting, but I am not spill-proof yet (had my camera in a waterproof bag).

I did manage to knit on the way up to northern MN and on the way home. The chocosocks are on they're way. I just started the cuff of #2 and finished the heel on #1. The heel is different. It's a slip 1 , k1 repeat. I like it. The heel feels thicker than just a plain stockinette. Here is the progress with it's recipient in the background.

I'd say "Oh, this is knitting up so nice. Look at that heel." He responds without so much as a sideways glance, "Yup. Looks good."
Good boy! Just pretend to be interested. You'll still get your socks.

We were visited several times by His Majesty the Bald Eagle. Someone left fish guts on the dock for the scavengers. Apparently, this is a big no-no up there. It attracts the gulls who harass the loons and have affected the loons' reproduction. So bury your fish guts, people.
Finally - (in a sing-song voice) - Loooorreeeeeee (Lori), look what IIIIIIII did! My first cable.


Alas, Luke Skywalker has been forgiven.





See ya Wednesday.

5 comments:

Guinifer said...

The Jaywalkers look awesome!

Luke Skywalker looks like he just finished an awesome snack - and pretty darned happy with himself! He must've won that battle with old Darth?

Leslie said...

The view from the lake looks so peaceful! Have a relaxing week.

Heather said...

Such a hansome honey deserves those gorgeous socks! Such perserverance attests to great love :) And wow, he pulled your needles... ouch. You are a good woman for letting him survive... and this is where we b r e a t h e.

Kathleen said...

Wow, on a canoe for the weekend sounds wonderful! Do you do white water rafting too? That's one of my favorite screaming activities. :o) The loons - I love their songs. I didn't know that gulls mess with loons, but I guess gulls mess with anything.

Lorraine said...

Great post, all around. I like photo -rich blogs.

I knew you could do cables! Are you using a cable needle? Because once you get the idea in your head, switching to cabling without a needle isn't that hard - and much less fiddly.