Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Befores and Afters

I'm going to rip this out, to knit this instead.

It's from EZ's (Elizabeth Zimmerman's) Knitters Almanac. Baby February Sweater. I've heard that it's a great knit and I've heard horror stories.

Let's hope my story is not as cursed as the Choco-socks.
But as promised to myself - I will finish the Jaywalkin' choco-socks first.

Next: What I do when I'm not knitting.
or

What I should do instead of knitting.

I found a fun way to use my digital camera and the best part . . . the kids like to help too. We take a before picture: We set a timer for 10 minutes and GO! And after! Ta dah!Hopefully, I'll have a great before and after story with the new baby sweater. I'll keep you . . . 'posted'. tee hee - that pun always gets me. See you Friday!

6 comments:

Guinifer said...

I like the sweater - I've never actualy finished a baby item, so I'll be waiting to hear how it goes.

Nice work on the kitchen. I might have to try that 10 minute timer thing...

marit said...

Before and after photos- that might be the way to go! Great idea:-)

Heather said...

Wow, that is a fabulous 10 minutes! Good luck with the baby sweater, the only one I have knit is the peapod... soooo cute!! babies make anything look good.

Kathleen said...

I really like the look of the baby sweater. And I love the color of what you're planning on ripping out, so it should be a very nice new baby creation! I looked for the pattern and found pictures, but not the pattern. Is it a free pattern?

Anonymous said...

Had to laugh at the before & after...Love you idea of switching over to do the other cardi--looks like a nice challenge. I have a baby knit in progress--lots of stockinett which is a bit of a snoozer but will look good once done--hoepfully--LOL! Happy Knitting! :o)

knitting elephant said...

The Feb sweater is a curious knit, but once you've done one you'll want to do more!! Read ALL the instructions before starting so you don't miss the first buttonhole placement!!! I can help if you get stuck, just send me a line... Nice work on the clean kitchen. Now if I could get my kiddos to do the same. hmmm.