Friday, June 15, 2007

Knit Knickers!??!

That's right folks. These undies came from the same book as the men's boxers. Hmmm. This person has a lot of extra knitting time on her hands and a very good sense of humor. I will not be knitting myself a pair, but am reminded that my Icelandic ancestors probably wore wooly undergarments that would put this fluffy pair to shame.

And now for some bragging: I won a yarn naming contest! That's right! Well. I came in 3rd place. But still. The contest was to name and choose colors of a yarn based on a tv show. Brady Bunch popped into my mind with olivey greens, 70's yellows and a touch or orange. Cheerful and fun. (I know what you're thinking . . . this brilliant idea should have come in 1st place and with honors). My prize is a mystery, but I will post as soon as I know!

Finally, a very sweet sight.
My oldest (8) took a siesta on our bed to escape the heat of the day. He practiced his hand at knitting. He took to it right away and here he is working on a blanket for a stuffed friend.

SEE YOU ON MONDAY!

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

Oooo - I just want to kiss that boy!

Nice knickers.

marit said...

That's my kind of guy! How cute!
And those knickers might come in handy-LOL- it is rather cold in Norway too( but I think Iceland has more rain on an average...)
btw-thank you for your nice comments on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so sweet...your son is learning to knit--bless him! Um, I don't think I'll be knitting any undies either...Just would not wear them or no what to do with them--LOL! Happy Days! :o)